Visitor
TonyW80

Using Coupons for Marketing

Is there any way that a customer can print just the coupon portion in a newsletter? I am placing several coupons but I do not want them to have to print the whole email. Just the coupon they want to use.

Clique_Marketing
Topics: 14
Kudos: 88
Ideas: 10
Solutions: 12

Re: Using Coupons for Marketing

No you can't do that exactly.

There are other less elegant ways, but it takes a little creativity.  Here's one way I designed it for a client.

1.) Mimic the coupon layout that CTCT provides as a single graphic, place it in a block and make it a click-able URL.

2.) Point the URL to your website where you have stored a page with whatever you want the coupon(s) to be. You could even create a coupon page there.

3.) Then when they click on the coupon in your newsletter they are transported to your web site  and can just print out the web page and cut out the coupon(s) they want. You could even embed a form field in the coupon and have them include some info in the coupon for tracking before they print it.

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

That's a great workaround Tony!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant
gardencenter

Sure seems like it would be easy for constant contact to make it so just the coupons are printable without making everyone post them on their website. If you do different coupons each week, it makes for a pain in the butt to put them on your website weekly. Instead of updating the look of the platform, they should add user functionality.

Clique_Marketing
Topics: 14
Kudos: 88
Ideas: 10
Solutions: 12

No argument with that. 

I can imagine it would be some complicated programing to get a coupon block to offer a pop up function to enable something like that.

Have you considered SMS coupons?