cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Why would someone see some images but not all in a newsletter?

Highlighted
Advisor

Why would someone see some images but not all in a newsletter?

One of my subscribers, who actually happens to be a major advertiser, contacted me yesterday to say that he can't see any of his banner ads on our newsletter.

However, he can see the newsletter's masthead and other company's banners as well as company logos/photos that accompany the story.

The question is, how is that even possible?  He uses Outlook Express, and the Outlook settings are such that all images are either on or off.

The images are standard GIF files.

Anyone encounter this before?

GREG GERBER
Editor, RV Daily Report

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Why would someone see some images but not all in a newsletter?

Do you host "all" your images in the same place?

Advisor

No.  The banners that he can't see are hosted in the Constant Contact library.  The logos/photos are linked on our website.  We just cut and paste the news stories into the Constant Contact template.

I thought it might be a GIF image issue, so I created a test e-mail with some of their old ads, new ads and other banners. He can't see any banners on that newsletter. But, the logos/pictures are coming through fine.

I spoke with one of his coworkers today who can see our entire newsletter. That's why I'm thinking it's an Outlook Express issue, and Outlook throwns tantrums when encountering GIF files. But, he couldn't see the JPG an PNG banners.

Honored Contributor

Have the user take the URL to the images they can't see and insert them in a web browser.

Can they be seen then?