Constant Contact Tools
Talk to your peers, share tips, and connect with us about our email,
event, survey and local deal standalone tools.
This area of the Community has been archived. Content will be available through September 2016.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Couldn't find your answer?

Find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 9pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Occasional Visitor

can i edit an email once it is sent?

i sent an email and need to change some of the content. can I edit it?

How do I edit an archived email that's already been sent?

There is a mistake in a dollar number within a CC newsletter we already sent. I need to correct it since we link our newsletters to our website.
Kudos: 160
Solutions: 21

Alison, I guess by now you have figured that this can't be done. I think we've all gone through this. I bet you'll be triple proofing from here out. Regards, Tony

Yep, I did indeed learn it cannot be done. Thanks for replying, though, Tony. Cheers, Alison

Occasional Visitor

Can I change a sent email?

Hi.  I created a newsletter, sent it, and then realized there is a typo.  Is there a way to change this?  Hardly anyone has opened it yet?
thanks!
Valued Contributor

No. After it is sent it is gone from Constant Contact. The only change you can make that will affect a sent email is to change an image that you have hosted on your own. (Don't try this with Constant Contact hosted images). You can substitute on your hosting a picture of the exact same name, an preferably the exact same size. Anyone who opens or re-opens the mail after you make the change will see the new picture.
Participant

"...will see the new picture" - but not if the pictures allready are downloaded at recivers end. Outlook and many other mailprograms downloads mail and the entire content and dosn't ceck to see if anythings is updated/changed. So chances are that no one will ever see the changes (and most have show pictures turned off anyway)
Occasional Participant

Can i edit a email after it is sent

can i edit a email i already sent and resend it?
Advisor

No, once it's sent, it cannot be edited. However, you can copy it and then make changes to the new version.
Occasional Participant

how do you copy it thanks for the help