Occasional Contributor
karljeffery

opinion on "Having trouble viewing this email? Click here" mess

Hi does anyone have an opinion on whether you should show the "Having trouble viewing this email? Click here" message?

I always disable it after reading an e-mail on a phone with a small screen, and the entire first screen was taken up by showing that message! 

I thought, if someone is only going to spend 2 seconds deciding whether the e-mail is worth reading or not, I don't really want them to spend the 2 seconds reading a message "having trouble viewing this e-mail?"

but someone obviously thinks it is a good idea to include this message, otherwise it wouldn't be included as a default option when doing e-mails.

Any opinions out there?

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

Re: opinion on "Having trouble viewing this email? Click here" mess

Hi Karl,

Great question! I would say most people that read their emails on their mobile phone have a decent size screen.  So on a small screen is really in the majority.  This webpage version link is mostly for those that email clients have difficulty displaying some attribute of the email. For example, Outlook 2007/2010 does not display background images, but if you click on the View Webpage Version - They can see the background images in their browser instead.

Most emails I receive now have the View as a Webpage text so I think most people that view their emails on mobile will be aware of this.  In my opinion, I think that they will take the time to scroll further to read your email if they've made it that far! :smileyhappy:

Would love to hear other Community Members view points!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!