cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Creating Two-Day Events

Occasional Contributor

Creating Two-Day Events

When I create an event that lasts 2+ days, I'm not allowed to enter a daily end time, which would be populated in the .ics file and alongside the registration form. For example, I frequently offer a two-day training from 9am-4pm on Thursday and 9am-3:30pm on Friday. When participants register, it appears that the training lasts from Thursday at 9am until Friday at 3:30pm. This creates obvious confusion, in addition to folks assuming they get out at 3:30pm on Thursday (which I then have to address in subsequent direct email messages). Any idea if this is an easy fix to get on the radar?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Creating Two-Day Events

Hi Heather!

Unfortunately, we do not have a multi-day setup in the Event Marketing program as of yet that will allow for the ics file to populate as you need, but I did pass your feedback on to our developers.  

But if you want to set up your Event to show that you have 2 distinct days, you can follow these instructions by using the Pay for Items feature.

What you want to do is to go to your Event > click Edit Event Information. Then click Edit event settings.

What you want to do is set up a fee for the full length of the Event.  Then where it says "Are you offering additional items?" click the bubble for Yes, I'm offering items.

Here you can set up information for each day, how many seats are available, and if there is a fee for each of those. (I wouldn't do a fee here as some people may sign up incorrectly, so I would just keep these free).

Thanks for your great suggestion!

Occasional Participant

The format for multi session events definitely leaves much to be desired. I would love to be able to edit registration for individual session, but you can't edit items sold.  What is there around the corner that can help with this?

Honored Contributor

Hi,

We always have new features coming and while I have nothing specific about multi day events, I will pass on your feedback to our Event Marketing team.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

I appreciate that. Could you also ask for multi-session functionality.  I have 8 different breakout sessions every hour and selling each one as a separate item when they don't change the overall price is more than a little confusing.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Hi.,

I'd be happy to request this.

So I'm clear, you want to be able to have multiple available times for your event but you want to make it less cluttered, correct?

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

Thanks for responding so quickly. What I am looking for is the abilit to:

1. register more than one person per email adress(ie. mom wants to register 3 kids)

2. Have multiple time slots for breakout sessions

3. Have multiple options within those time slots

4. The ability to manage the registrations for each option rather than just the registrants information.(ie. Move registrant from class A at 9:00 to class B at 9:00 or from class A at 9:00 to class A at 10:00

I love the fact that you are developing this program. Your system is so easy to use and customers are confident with your name. I would be thrilled to beta any new changes coming with this program.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying. I'll pass on your feedback.

In the meantime, here are some workarounds which may help:

1 - You do have the ability for the registrant to bring a guest. To do so, follow these steps.

2 - We have an option to have items for sale. You could use this feature to have your breakout sessions. Check out this FAQ for more info.

3 - You could use the items for sale feature again to do this.

4 - This is a great idea!

I hope this workarounds help and thanks again for the feedback!

Jarrad

Honored Contributor

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!