cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Do contacts who declined an event continue receiving emails for the event?

SOLVED
Highlighted

Do contacts who declined an event continue receiving emails for the event?

Just curious, since I don't want to continue to email people who have specifically declined an event. If I send out more invitation emails for that event, will someone who declined the event still receive them?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Do contacts who declined an event continue receiving emails for the event?

Hello @LR_Committee_Member , 

This is a great question to ask about our EventSpot product!  The answer to your question though is going to depend on what action you are taking within your event.  Let me explain: 

• If you are creating a new invitation and selecting a list of contacts to send the invitation to, then people who have declined could receive the invitation.  This is because the system is treating it as a brand new invite and is not checking any activity prior to sending. 
  • If you are creating an invitation to non-responders, then anyone who has already registered or declined the event will not receive the invite.  In this scenario the system is checking for who the invite was originally sent to and not sending to anyone who has already taken an action (ie. registering or declining).  

I hope this helps, if you have any questions let us know!