cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Does anyone know how to delete a draft of an invitation in Event Markrting?

Highlighted
All Star

I'm new to Constant Contact and I've created two invitations I never want to send out. Is there any way I can delete the invitations I dont want. They were created as part of Event Marketing so I can't get to them on the My Emails page. I don't want to inadvertantly send the wrong invitation out.
28 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Log into your Constant Contact account. Click on the "Emails" tab. Click on the "Remove" link. Select the email from the list shown. Click on the "Remove" button.

All Star

I tried to get to these emails from the Emails tab, but because I created these invitations in Event Marketing they do not show up in the list. Only the whole event is on the list, and I don't want to delete the whole event.

Valued Contributor

If you remove using the emails tab it only removes the email, not the event. BTW, if you remove it, you can always restore it. The "Restore" link is right next to the "Remove" link.

Honored Contributor

As far as I can tell you can't. I also need to delete a few events I used for testing and I can't delete those either.

All Star

I just heard from Constant Contact and apparently there is no way to delete emails in the Event Marketing area. They are looking into fixing this.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting that information back to this forum.

Occasional Visitor

Re: Does anyone know how to delete a draft of an invitation in Event Markrting?

I see that this was discussed two years ago, but have they made it possible to delete drafts in event marketing yet? If so, how?

Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can delete event invitations by following these steps:

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Email > Remove. This will show a list of all your emails, both Draft and Sent.
    Note: Emails on this page are listed alphabetically.
  2. Select the email communications you want removed, then click the Remove button. Use the scroll bar on the right to go further down the list. 
    Note:
    To select multiple emails for removal, hold down the Ctrl key and click on the name of each email. To de-select an email, click the name a second time.
  3. On the Remove Confirmation overlay, click OK.
  4. Verify that the email has been removed from by clicking on the My Emails link and checking if the email name is on the Existing Emails page.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Visitor

This only deletes the emails in the email section not the invitations in the event section. We want to delete the invitation itself not emails.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!