cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Google Checkout

Highlighted
All Star

Google Checkout

Is there any way that I can have people pay by Google Checkout without forcing them to get an account?

And, can I change the text next to read " Pay by Credit Card with Google Checkout" I've read through some other posts that referenced these same issues for PayPal. I think they were both fixed, I'm hoping the same's been done for GC. 

Cheers,

T

7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Google Checkout

Hi Tree,

Thanks for your questions. You do not have to have a Google Checkout account in order to pay for your Event. Also, at this time the text is not customizable for either PayPal or Google Checkout. I have submitted your suggestion to our developers. I hope we have that in the future for you!

All Star

Hi Marissa,

I'm sorry to disagree. The first three required fields on the google checkout page force signup to google checkout.  I have a screenshot I could send you but I can't attach anything to this msg.

Honored Contributor

Hi Julie,

It sounds like your Google Checkout may not be set up to work with Constant Contact. To do so, follow these steps.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
All Star

Hi Jarrad, our setup is exactly the way it's described in the link you shared.

Honored Contributor

Hi Julie,

If it is set up as described and shown in this FAQ, you may want to contact Google, as your registrants are able to pay by credit card without Google Checkout when you have selected that option for your Event.

I'm sincerely sorry for the inconvenience, but it seems to be an issue with Google Checkout and not your Constant Contact account.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Honored Contributor

Hi Julie,

I am sincerely sorry for the confusion with this. I was just informed that if you offer Google Checkout, those who decide to pay by Google Checkout must have a Google Checkout account in order to pay..

I will be submitting a feature request on your behalf to see if there is a way around this.

Again, I very sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Honored Contributor

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!