cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Guests - Part of Follow Up Communications

SOLVED
Highlighted
All Star

Guests - Part of Follow Up Communications

I am setting up a registration form where we only want one person from each organization actually registering, but they can bring up to 4 additional participants. However, we want to be able to collect the email addresses for both the main registrant and the additional participants AND be able to use the event management tool to follow up with them without downloading the list and using Outlook. 

Right now it looks like that is not possible. When I view the registrant information and try to send a reminder or message it only goes to the main registrant.

Any way to do this or is the system not capable at this time?

7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Guests - Part of Follow Up Communications

Hi,

I'm sorry but at this time guests will not receive an update email. I'll pass on your feedback to our Event Marketing Product Manager.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
All Star

That is what I assumed. But part of your marketing of this product is geared toward nonprofits, like us. And nonprofits often hold events that allow one organization to bring multiple people under one registration, but we want to be able to follow up with them using the event management tool. As it stands now, I've created a custom field for the guests so we can collect their email address, then we'll have to download the registration lists, save out the email addresses and import them into Outlook, all to do something that I thought we would be able to do with the tool. So, somewhat disappointed, but would love to see this considered for future upgrades/updates.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

I passed it on.

I'd avoid sending to the guests since they themselves are not registering or have opted in to receive emails. This could result in confusion when the guest receives an email from you and because of the confusion, they may mark the email as spam. This could hurt your account and your deliverability.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Advisor

In events aimed at businesses, often, one person such as an administative assistant, will sign up multiple people from the company. They're all coming, they all know they signed up. The assistant who signed them up is NOT coming. So update emails go to the wrong person, because they're not actually going to the people who are coming to the event.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and will pass on your feedback to our event team.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Good Morning:

Can someone from ConstantContact please post an update to this issue?  We are having the same problems regarding events that involve a series of events.  In previous conversations, it was given to us that there is a great work-around to help with this issue.  Please advise.

Thank you!

Hi, 

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately I do not have any update on this feature but I'm happy to include your feedback on the idea. The workaround to email your guests would be to collect email address when they register. You could then export their information and re-import the email addresses in order to mail to that list. If you wanted to mail to registrants and guests you could just re-import the entire list.

Hope this helps,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!