cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

How can I filter out people who should not get an email?

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Occasionally, I would like to send an email to all of the people in one of my lists EXCEPT for a small group that shouldn't receive it.

For example, if I am promoting a specific product, I don't want to send the email to people who already own the product. Or, if I'm reminding people of a coming event, I would want to just send registration info to people who have not yet registered.

Does anyone know how that can be accomplished?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

Hi Ted, The best way to send an email to a list but to not include a few people would be to make a copy of the list. To make a copy of the list you can go to the Contacts tab > scroll down to the My Lists section and click "Create new". Then create a new list. Then you can click on the name of the list you wish to copy. Check the box to select All contacts and then select your new list in the drop down menu, and click Copy. This will copy all contacts over. Then you can go through the list to remove those that you do not want to receive the email. This new list does not count towards billing as they are contacts already in your account. I hope that helps! Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

Frequent Visitor

Re: How can I filter out people who should not get an email?

I was searching for the exact same thing, how to filer out those contacts who have registered.

While I do appreciate Marrissa's reply and recommendation, it is not "the best way" to do it.  It's time consuming and if I wanted to manually update a contact list and modify each person as they join an event, I'd manage a manual email database instead of using this one.

A filter to block emails from those who have registered would be a very convenient feature and one I personally would find incredibly helpful.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

We do offer the option to send an email to those that have not responded to your event invite. To do so, follow these steps:

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click EventSpot > My Events
  2. Click on the name of the event.
  3. Under Invitation Results, click "No Response (X)" where X represents the number of non-responders.
  4. Click "Email all non-responders".
  5. Follow the steps for creating a new email that will go out to the non-responders for your event.

Notes:

• Non-responder information is available only for invitations sent after November 23, 2010.
  • All non-responders will receive the email. Currently, there isn't a way to send to specific non-responders.
  • If you have created an invitation and want to use the content of it, copy the text and images from the email and add them to the non-responder invite.
  • You can't export a list of non-responders for an event, but you can create a custom list of non-responders and then send an event invitation to them.
Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post.