cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Items For Sale Not Functioning Properly

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Items For Sale Not Functioning Properly

Hi Folks... I know this platform has a lot of limitations... I hope it's being aggressively developed (not sure it is) ... there are a number of issues but just the critical stuff at the moment...

In Items For Sale, we have Box Lunches available for $15. Registrants can buy up to two. However, if someone buys two (2) it doesn't show in the reports... only one... and payment for only one. Even though the total purchase (tix + lunch) shows the right amount, the Items are not. Also, the total sales of the Items keeps incrementing EVEN if the registration is abandoned or cancelled... not good. Adds to the confusion when we download reports to CSV... a real mess.

Can you fix this?

Thanks,

Jeff

7 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Items For Sale Not Functioning Properly

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty with the reporting portion for your Event.  I think this may be something that our Engineers are aware of and working on correcting. But I am going to need some more information from you, if possible, to verify please.

• Do I have permission to access your account to take a look at your Event?
  • What is the name of your Event that is not displaying properly for reports?
  • Which registrants are not displaying properly for boxed lunches?
  • Which person do you think paid for 2 but is only displaying as 1?

For your last part where you state that the total sales is incrementing. That is actually functioning as designed for the product. We're basically holding a space for them even though they canceled or abandoned registering. The best way to workaround this is to up your registrant limit based on the amount of people that canceled/abandoned.

Let me know! I'd be happy to help!

Occasional Participant

Marissa,

You're welcome to take a look at the account... Women's Journey Conference

The registrant in question is: Judy Kelly (Paid 105... 75 for Reg and 30 for 2 box lunches... only shows 15.

Here's the info on the Items for Sale Summary:

Items Summary Edit item details

Item name Sold Remaining Total quantity

Box Lunch139871000

Obviously we've not sold 13 box lunches... Thanks for your help... we'd like to get it to work for this event.

Jeff

Occasional Contributor

Marissa is off on the weekends so I thought I'd help where I could.

First off the Payment report is a bit confusing.  It lists the fee amount but not the quantity.  So the fee amount is $15.00 for each box lunch.  Paypal still charged the correct amount.  $75 for the Registration and 2 box lunches at $15 each for a total of $105.00.  When this reporting tool was built we didn't include the option to add additional items/fees.  This part of the reporting certainly needs to be addressed.  I will make sure

There is also a known technical difficulty  in the product when an additional item is selected but the payment was abandoned it still reserves that item which is the case here.  13 is the number of box lunches from actual payment + those canceled.  It was intended to allow someone to purchase the item and not attend.  But if the payment is abandoned we didn't want it to also hold the item, they are working towards a resolution on this.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.  The Registration Details report that you can export is correct.  It will acfurately represent the items ordered and the amount.  You can see who has abandoned or was canceled so you can remove them from your total manually.  We do not know how quickly the defect will be corrected. 

I hope this helps.  We are also open tomorrow 10am to 8pm Eastern if you would like to give us a call.  866-289-2101

Jeremy Cloer
Constant Contact
Customer Support Supervisor
Occasional Participant

Thanks for you responses. I can see that you're doing your best to help with a product that's in many ways very buggy. Unfortunately, we're pretty much stuck with using it now since we only 2 months out from the event so we've got to try to make it work somehow... we just don't understand why these things are not being addresses unless you're not planning to support the product in the future... which we obviously hope is not the case.

The Quick Status Reports are pretty useless... "Payment" report isn't right... "Items for sale" isn't right.... and the "Registration" is cluttered as is the Export CSV because we can't seem to physically delete the many test registrations we ran (and abandoned or cancelled) in the beginning to try to get it right... BTW, is there anyway to actually delete them and get rid of them?

In your reply, you said "The Registration Details report that you can export is correct.  It will acfurately represent the items ordered and the amount." ... This is not true as it shows the quantity purchased and only the per unit cost, not the total as it should be. So the amount of work that has to be done on the CSV every time we download an updated version is staggering.

I'm sure you can understand our frustration with all of the "unfortnately that's the way it is" answers... Is there anything you can do?

Jeff

Honored Contributor

Hi Jeff,

I brought your feedback to the attention of our Event Marketing team here.  They have advised me that this is something they are aware of and it is a priority.  We are definitely looking to enhance Event Marketing so that it can be everything that you want.  We hope to have these features that you discuss working very soon.  Hang in there for us while we work to bring you what you need for Event Marketing!

Keep the feedback coming!  This is how we know what to bring to the products for you!

Honored Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to follow up and let you know that I spoke with the Event Marketing Team and this is something we will be bringing to you very soon, so stay tuned!!!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!