cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Making EventSpot events hidden from search engine crawlers

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Making EventSpot events hidden from search engine crawlers

Hello! First time posting here, but a CC rep had recommended I come here first.

My organization recently had an event disrupted by protesters due to the sensitive nature of a main issue, and it looked really bad for us. Turns out, they found our event through a Google Alert, which led directly to the page. They registered a couple of fake names, planted themselves in the event, and the rest is history.

So, this is a major privacy issue. Currently, EventSpot allows you to keep events off the calendars. Would it be possible to offer the option for events to be private from search engines, as well? In my personal experience, this involves robots.txt modifications, and a meta tag - nothing complicated. But, EventSpot users can't access those features.

I appreciate your response!

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Making EventSpot events hidden from search engine crawlers

Hello Nicole,

Thanks for your post! Unfortunately, we don't have options to make the event private, beyond what you referenced (removing it from the event calendar). Would you mind passing it along in our Events Feedback Board? That way our developers and product owners can see it as well and others can vote on it!

We have an article that explains how to make an event private. I do not think this is what you are looking for, but it does not hurt to try. Check it out:

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5597-creating-and-using-an-access-c...

Let us know if this worked for you.

Thanks & regards,

Juan Ramirez
Social Support and Community
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Tags (3)