cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Pay with PayPal

Highlighted
Advisor

Pay with PayPal

A while ago, CC made a huge improvement in its wording, when it changed "Pay with PayPal" to "Pay with PayPal or credit card." Prior to that, we were constantly explaining to people that they could pay with a credit card, they just had to pick the PayPal option, even if they didn't have a PayPal account. "Pay with PayPal or credit card" solved that.

Today, literally, in refreshing my registration form, I see that it's back to just "Pay with PayPal." Yikes!

I know CC is looking at new credit card options. But until you formally roll those out, PLEASE PUT THE LANGUAGE BACK THE WAY IT WAS!

Please, please, please....!

25 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Pay with PayPal

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The ability for new credit card options is coming very soon and this is in anticipation of the change.

Keep an eye out for some more great changes!

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Advisor

Don't do it in anticipation of the change. Do it when you make the change! Why do we have to suffer with this IN ADVANCE of your giving us the option for different credit card payments?

Honestly, this is just bush league.

Advisor

...because, you know, "anticipating" things with Constant Contact could be a long, long time. We've been waiting for some action on discount codes for two years....

I like CC, overall. But you guys make me tear my hair out with your ridiculous non-answers to questions and concerns, and your inexplicable inaction on important things -- and now, taking action to undo something you fixed, to address something you haven't yet introduced!

Advisor

And now I see that, although the PayPal functionality remains, you only want us to be able to say "pay with credit card" if we accept your new CC "solution" that will cost us another $50 a year, plus per-transaction fees, plus "bank transfer fees" to actually put the money in our account -- fees that don't exist with PayPal.

This action is not "customer service." It's "make life for your customers more difficult, so they'll pay you more fees."

Honored Contributor

Hi,

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused and I have contacted a product owner who will take your feedback into consideration.

If you'd like to talk about some of your concerns with the product, I'd be happy to call you at your convenience. Please click on my profile name and on the right, click Send This User a Private Message to send me your telephone number and a time you can be reached.

I am in the office Mon-Fri from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST. My co worker Marissa  works 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM EST if those hours work  better for you.

If you'd like to provide product feedback to our product management directly, please visit this page.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

All Star

I'm right with you on this one.  The interface "appears" so simple if you pay the extra money - but now when I tried the paypal button and did a test run it didn't even say on the paypal page - that you didn't have to have an account - even though I have that check on my pp account -- and I can't figure out what the interface with express pay at paypal is

Argh!

Honored Contributor

Hi,

In order to use PayPal with your Event you must have a paid EventSpot account. To set up PayPal you must have a Premier or Business PayPal account.

If you are having trouble on PayPal's site, please visit https://www.paypal.com/webapps/helpcenter/home/

To set up PayPal:

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click EventSpot > My Events.
  2. Click on the name of the event.
  3. Click on Event Information.
  4. Click "Edit event settings".
  5. Under Is there a FEE to attend your event, select Yes.
  6. Under Payment Options, put a check next to Credit card payment via PayPal
  7. In the box below that, enter your PayPal Premier or PayPal Business email address.

Notes:

• You need either a PayPal Premier or PayPal Business account if you want registrants to pay for your event. It is important that you provide accurate monthly transaction information in your PayPal application or funds could be put on hold  in your PayPal Premier or Business account for security reasons.
  • Registrants don't have to sign in to PayPal to pay for event but if the site if forcing them to sign in, there are steps to change that.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Advisor

There is no option "Pay with Credit Card via PayPal"

There is a "Credit Card" option -- that takes you to your new high-fee credit card system.

There is a "PayPal" option, which now does not include the language "Pay with PayPal or a Credit Card" that users previously saw.

All Star

Yes, Vincent is right - there is no "creditcard payment via PayPal"

That being said - 

I have Event Spot

I have a Paypal account (appropriate level)

I have the correct area checked on Paypal so people can be "guests" and not have a paypal account - but that doesn't come up.

You also have information that Event Marketing has switched over to paypal's "express checkout" integration.    I found the information, express checkout integration guide on Paypal and it provides a link to Constant Contact inorder to integrate the CC shopping cart with paypal. . . but when I go to the CC link - it just takes me to the home page and doesn't give me any informaton on how to set it up in constant contact.  What information can you provide on making that work. . . or is it just something that can be done but there is no way to do it?

Thanks.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!