Occasional Contributor
HBC
Accepted Solution

Payment methods

In addition to payment at the door and check (cheque) payment, we also accept bank transfers and cash pre-payment at our office. Does anyone else use these methods and how do they use them with CC?

It would be useful if another field could be added which would be free text so I could then add, say:

1. Payment type: Bank transfer

2. Details: Bank account xyz etc

Thanks in anticipation

JohnP - Hellenic Business Council - Dubai - UAE
Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Re: Payment methods

Hi John,

This is not something that we have planned for this year, but I have passed on this request to our Event Marketing Product Manager and it's something we could consider.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor
HBC

Once again. many thanks for your reply Jarrad.

Software development takes time and effort I know and you have to prioritise events. Good to know that it's on the wishlist at least.

Cheers

John 

JohnP - Hellenic Business Council - Dubai - UAE
Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Glad I could help!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant
nbuko

Hi John.

I ran into the same issue over two and a half years ago! They're never going to fix it.  If you press someone at customer service, they say they've never heard of the problem or have never had that request before. I have called countless times and made the request online as well. I understand that they can't accommodate every request, but this is a big one.

The easiest way to solve it would be to provide a payment choice that says "Other" with a text box next to it for you to type your own description of whatever payment you would like to make available. It's so simple, but again...never gonna happen. They simply aren't listening to their customer base.

CTCT Employee
CTCT_Event

Hi Larry, 

Thanks for the request!  My name is Jim Mariano, I am the Product Manger for Event Marketing.  While this request is not in our top 5 pieces of feedback, it is something that is important to us.  We actually are going to be addressing different forms of payment this year.  We are looking at allowing customers the ability to use their own payment gateway and merchant account.  

To address the original comment/question from John, we want to give you as much payment collection capability as possible without us having to hold you/your customers credit card info, which introduces all kinds of PCI compliance issues.

Hope that helps!  Thanks guys, 

Jim 

Occasional Participant
nbuko

Jim, my name is Nancy (another user on the same account). I appreciate the quick response. Can you be more specific on timing for these upcoming changes? Within the year seems vague when the request was made over 2.5 years ago.

In the meantime, why can't a payment type called "Other" with a text box next to it for a description be implemented? Very little programming involved, and it would not require you to hold any credit info. Seems simple, and it would be a great temporary solution. If you research this issue, you will see that the two of us aren't the only ones complaining. Far from it.

Thanks.

CTCT Employee
CTCT_Event

Thanks Nancy.

Unfortunately I just can't give dates.  Things change very quickly around here, and we would be upsetting a lot of people if we promised a date and then could not deliver.  I will comment on this string as plans get more solid.

As for "other payments,"  we have definitely talked about this in the past as a team.  The "other payments" would all have to be offline payments, as tracking other types of online payments outside of our event registration form would be difficult for us and therefore difficult for our users.  The concept of "other offline payments" certainly makes sense though!

Thanks!

Jim

Occasional Participant
nbuko

Thanks, as a customer "other" would most definitely be more helpful than nothing...not more difficult. I look forward to your update to the thread when there is news to report. Much appreciated.

Frequent Visitor
SriM

This is something I would also like to see - bank transfer or "Other" for payment method.

Thank you!