cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Re: Text with German "Umlaut"

All Star

Why are you not supporting Umlauts? I asking for this since 2010. Our decision is taken: we will leave Conastant Contact if nothing has been changed until Dec. 31. 2016

Franz

4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Hello @FranzFendel

I would be happy to help. You can add Umlauts into the account. I just tested in my own account and was able to add and save umlauts. Here are the Alt codes to use.

ALT 0223      =  ß
ALT 0228      =  ä
ALT 0246      =  ö
ALT 0252      =  ü
ALT 0196      =  Ä
ALT 0214      =  Ö
ALT 0220      =  Ü

Anna Davila
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
All Star

Thank you Anna for doing some experiments and  replying. But unfortunately it does not help us here. Of course I have no problems to type German umlauts with my German manual. The problem is that the Constant Contact Event Spot and the Constant Contact Survey programs are not able to digest the umlauts in an appropriate way and to display it then on the frontends used in the market. They show them correctly when I'm typing them in but our users and prospects don't see them and get stripped off - words. Our customers are using all sorts of global browsers and all all sort of global mobile systems.By the way: the problem does not appear with the Email software of Constant Contact.

We have used CC now since 2008 and explained the problem several times over the years to CC people. Are we really listened to? Most probably not. Perhaps it would be fair if Constant Contact would inform their non-american language users in beforehamd of the issue.

Best Franz

Umlaut Fehler Constant Contact.jpg
CTCT Employee

I understand where you are coming from; I know it is important to have international audiences be able to ready your events. I will pass along your feedback to our teams here, so they know what our customers and partners are saying about this. I have included your account information so if they have further questions or updates on this they can contact you.  Thank you for being a loyal customers!

Anna Davila
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
All Star

thank you Anna for your caring. Just one little add-on: what you call international audience is for me my home audience. We are operating in Germany and our readers are German reading prospects and clients. They love their language and they love the quality of our  content oulined in German.

All the best 

Franz