Occasional Contributor
DianeO39

Registrants printing own tickets..

This is a great feature, but it appears that they can do it even if they have not yet paid.  This could be a disaster for events with high numbers of attendees.  Can this be changed?

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Re: Registrants printing own tickets..

Hi Diane,

A registrant cannot print their own ticket if they have not yet paid. You have the option to print their ticket manually and send it to them. The registrant cannot do this themselves if they have not paid.

If you are having a high attendee event, you may want to download our Event Marketing Check-In App. This will allow you to check in registrants from your iPhone or Android phone. This will allow you to check your registrants in and also view their payment info.

If you're interested in the app, it can be downloaded at iTunes or the Android Marketplace. You can also check out this post I wrote on the app - Event Marketing Mobile Check-In App

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor
DianeO39

Actually, they really can.  I just did a test run myself.  we are not using paypal or google checkout, but instead directing registrants to use email interac or hyperwallet (by choosing "check", as these are not options for us yet we wish they were).  This allows registrants to print tickets even though their payment is considered "pending".

To be honest, I can't see how processing 700 registrants by phone is any easier than having multiple volunteers at a manual desk, which we will need if registrants can print tickets without paying.  May I suggest that this be looked into?

Jarrad_M

Hi,

I am checking with an Event Marketing Product Owner on this and I will be responding shortly. Sorry for any misinformation, as we did test this yesterday and were not able to print tickets when our status was pending.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Advisor
CC_KarenD

Hi Diane..

You are right.. when someone is paying by check or at the door you can print a ticket before thier payment status is updated to Paid.  And in further consideration of your feedback, this does seem problematic. Especially since the ticket is often considred proof of payment.   Thanks for pointing that out. And apologies in advcance for any problems this may have caused you. 

I have added an enhancement in this area to our backlog.  I cannot say exactly when this will be addressed but it is on our list.  Additionally, you will notice our ticket feature is currently in Beta.  This is so we could allow printing of tickets but also so we could learn more about how people will use tickets.  We appreciate your feedback and your contribution to the future direction of this feature. 

Regards,

Karen

Product Manager

Constant Contact

Occasional Visitor
DustyD3

I just want to second the motion to have this fixed; it is very problematic, as you say, for users to be able to print tickets before they have paid. Even if I had more control over when the ability to print tickets appeared (only for those paying with paypal/google checkout) OR the ability to print the registration with it clearly marked as "Pay by check" and "Pay at door" that would help.

Also, it would be nice to be able to customize the tickets - add logos, and especially add a unique numbering system, to at least try to discourage counterfeiting tickets.

We are trying to see if we can work around the quirks of event management, because the price is right, compared to other online event ticketing services. :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Kimberly Lester

www.dustyjoy.org

Jarrad_M

Thanks for your feedback! I'll be sure to add it to the original request. Hopefully this is something we can improve in the future.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Regular Visitor
BertB4

Here it is may of 2012 and I don't find any fixes to this.  Am I missing something??  Have you forgotten about this??

Valued Contributor
JoeS0

Bert,

Right now I don't know of any immediately plans to work around this ticket issue. We're always making a lot of improvements to the product, and I know this was put in as a feature request that we would take a look at in the future, but as of yet, there hasn't been any word on it. I am terribly sorry!

Joe

brentdahlCMP

October 2012, is this issue resolved with current CC functionality?

brentdahlCMP