Occasional Visitor
AlexF26

Removal of Registrants from Invite Contact List When they have Registered.

This Seems so incredibly obvious to me that i'm wondering if i have completely missed something but after researching the forums i have not found a solution.  -Basically we send (3) Invitation emails to a particular contact list for our events.  These invitations are all the same and they're scheduled about 6, 4 and 2 weeks prior to the event.   Once a recipient accepts the invitation and registers for the event, they clearly should not receive the remaining invitation emails (this would be pointless and annoying), however, this is what is happening.  Is there not a way to schedule multiple invite emails without removing people who have registered???  Thanks in adavance to anybody who can shed light on this situation

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Re: Removal of Registrants from Invite Contact List When they have Registered.

[ Edited ]

Hi Alex,

The problem is that the emails are being scheduled in advance. I'd suggest sending one invite and then emailing the non respondents to the invite by following these steps:

To email the non-responders for your event:

1. Click on the Event Marketing tab.
  2. Click on the name of the event.
  3. Click "View/Manage registrants".
  4. Click "No responses: X".
    no responses
  5. Click "Email all non-responders". 
  6. Follow the steps for creating a new email to the non-responders.

Notes:

• Non-responder information is only available for invitations sent after November 23, 2010. 
  • All non-responders will be emailed. Currently, there isn't a way to send to specific non-responders.
  • If you have created an invitation and want to use the content of it, copy the text an images from the email to the non-responder invite.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor
e-sleuth

It would be great if the list of non-responders was exportable instead of only having the option to create a new invitation from scratch. Since the entire email group (initial invite, reminders, etc) should look similar in colors and design, it is tedious to have to re-build everything from scratch when very little of the content is changing.

Advisor
VincentV22

Absolutely. I've never been able to figure out why in the world we've got to keep building the emails again and again and again. We don't even have the option to copy from a previous email. How hard would it be to have that functionalit? Without it, I almost never use the "email non-responders" option. It's just too difficult.

And here's where we'll get the standard, "That's an interesting idea. I've passed it on to our development team" response, which never actually seems to result in any of these ideas being implemented.

CTCT Employee
CTCT_Event

Hi guys, 

My name is Jim Mariano, Im the Product Manager for the Event Marketing tool.  First off, thanks for the feedback.  We are working fast and furious on the event tool to make it powerful and easy to use.  We get a ton of feedback around copying event invites and at this point it is at the top of our list.  I don't get much feedback about scheduling out a handful of event invitations, but I think that if we made it easy to just copy an invite and hit "resend" that this would help you out.  Again, thank you guys for your patience, this is the beginning of our third year with this product so we are still working learning and improving.  That said, I want you to know that "copying and resending event invites" are at the top of the list to be addressed.  

Thank you for using us!

Jim

Advisor
VincentV22

That's great, Jim, and thanks for the reply. On another note, the issue (and a really big one) of being able to have a comp code or a discount code has also been kicking around for a long time in various threads, with nothing to date. Since you're the boss, might you have an update on that, too?

And for all the strong suggestions, I still find CC's event marketing module to be pretty robust, and very affordable. Thought it would be good to throw some nice comments in, too!

CTCT Employee
CTCT_Event

Thank you Vincent.  Discount Codes are not planned as of today, but are in our top 10 most requested features.  I can't give a date because frankly we dont have one yet, but this is a feature that we know we will need to address in order to support more sophisticated events/marketers.  Keep the feedback coming!  Thanks again, 

Jim