Occasional Advisor
RobinC51
Accepted Solution

Tax....

I am not seeing tax being charged on my event fees.  I am using Google and Paypal for checkout.  Is tax calculated by Google and/or Paypal, or is it a part of the cost calculated by CC?  I cannot find anyplace to setup tax in Event Management, so I assume it is Google/Paypal, but it is setup there also and not being charged.

Thanks!

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Re: Tax....

[ Edited ]

Hi Robin,

You would set up to collect tax in your PayPal/Google account. To to collect tax in Google, check out this site. For PayPal, check out this FAQ.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor
RobinC51

After going back and forth between Google support and Constant Contact support, it turns out this is a design flaw in Constant Contacts integration to Google.

CC is sending a tax amount in the XML that goes to Google.  Google automatically overrides the tax settings on their side if they are sent tax data.  Since CC is sending tax data in the XML, it overrides the Google settings, and since that value is "0" no tax is calculated.  (Google sent me a copy of the XML, so I know that is the value).

The Paypal integration works fine.

I am a little frustrated because CC support says "this is the way it is designed".  That does not make any sense to me since CC does not collect any tax information and so should not be sending tax info to Google.

In any case, if you collect sales tax, don't count on the Google integration, it is broken, and there is no indication when, or even if, it will get fixed.

I am pretty dissapointed in the response to this issue.

Marissa_R
Topics: 437
Kudos: 213
Blog Posts: 307
Solutions: 85

I apologize for the trouble and inconvenience you have experienced Robin. I have asked a product manager if this is something we are planning on changing in the future. It's a Holiday Weekend and most everyone has left the office. I would look for a reply early next week.

Thank you in advance and again I apologize.

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor
RobinC51

Thank you for your efforts. 

Occasional Advisor
RobinC51

Any more feedback?

Occasional Advisor
CC_KarenD

Hi Robin..

I did some investigation with our developers.  It turns out you discovered a bit of a bug.  We are changing the Google Checkout feed so that it works like it does for Pay Pal.  This should be available to you in a couple of weeks.  We are also looking at the bigger picture here and will hopefully make it easier for you to specify when taxes should be applied (via Google or Pay Pal) and when they would be ignored. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Karen

Product Manager
Constant Contact

Occasional Advisor
RobinC51

FIXED!  Good job!