cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Too many attendees for quick report!

Highlighted
Advisor

Too many attendees for quick report!

I just tried to get one of the "quick status reports" in Event Spot, for registrants to one of our biggest shows. This report was always very useful to quickly see if someone has registered, since there's no other easy way to do this.

Except, all of a sudden, we get the message that "You cannot use this report because you have more than 500 registrants." Yes, we do...that's why this quick status report is so useful! Or, used to be.

It's a shame to see Constant Contact DOWNGRADE the product instead of upgrading it. This always worked before. Why make your product inferior to what it used to be? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Too many attendees for quick report!

Hi @VincentV22

Thanks for posting this feedback! I'm going to do some digging into this for you to get more information.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

HI @VincentV22

I did some digging for you and found that this was a change made intentionally. The idea was that the quick status report isn't designed to pull a ton of information so it was more helpful for the majority of large event organizers to run the full or custom report instead. I've passed along your feedback to the team who made this update for future developments!

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Advisor

I don't see how the statement that this is what the majority of large event organizers prefer could even remotely be true.

Our big event has 2,700 attendees. We get calls repeatedly from people asking "Am I registered?" Unless we're pulling full reports every single day, the only way we can tell is by using the Quick Registration Report. Asking these people to wait on the phone until we log in to Constant Contact, go to the reporting page, ask it to generate a report, wait for the report to be generated, download the report, and then do a custom sort or find -- it's just ridiculous to suggest that this is the "preferred" method of large event organizers.

You had a working feature. Inexplicably, you chose to degrade the feature. I'd love to see the extensive polling you did of "large event organizers" to come to the conclusion you did. I'm guessing I'd have been in your list -- I've made a lot of comments here about this system, had numerous discussions with Jim Marciano, signed up for your Beta Testing team, etc. You sure never asked me. I don't believe you asked anyone. I believe you just made this change arbitrarily.

How about you all just put it back?