Occasional Participant
AlisonF8

Waiting List for Events

We are hosting an event in a few weeks and I set up the event to close at 50 registrants. The problem is, as soon as we hit 50 registrants, the event registration page closes and people who want to register are unable to. Is there a wait list feature with the events management tool that I could install?

Thanks.

Marissa_R
Topics: 433
Kudos: 214
Blog Posts: 305
Solutions: 85

Re: Waiting List for Events

Hi Alison,

Unfortunately, we do not have a Waiting list option for Event Marketing. I submitted this feature request on your behalf to our developers. This is a very popular idea, so I hope that they implement it for you and the other users looking for this option.

I have 2 workarounds for you to try:

1 - You can put in wording in the Event Invitation that if the Event's registration is closed to email you and you will put them on a waiting list

Or

2 - You could create a back up Event under Event Marketing and that can be used as the Waiting List.  You would then insert the URL for that Event into the Live one.

I hope that makes sense.

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant
LHL

Is it possible to change the "registration closed" message when our event has reached capacity?

Occasional Participant
AlisonF8

That would also be helpful. RIght now you can't touch those messages.

Occasional Participant
LHL

I agree. The problem is we sent an email a few days ago with the link to the registration form.

Today the event is full. Those who click to register will only see the registration is closed.

I set up a separate wait list event, but I can't think of a way to direct the people who received the email to the wait list event. 

Occasional Participant
AlisonF8

We have this problem all the time. Its really frustrating for the people who would like to come to the event. Most of the time they end up emailing us or i'm sure sometimes they don't.

I made the event cap at 10 more people then the space can hold because I'm guessing a few people won't end up showing but it'd be so much easier to create a wait list. Or at least alter the message.

I'd also love to find out how registrants can cancel their own registration.

Occasional Participant
LHL

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I'd sure to find a workaround to avoid getting tons of emails and calls.

It'd be helpful to be able to manually change the event url.

Occasional Participant
AlisonF8

I understand!

Visitor
HarveyB18

I'm reviewing Eventspot and trying to decide whether to become a customer. In general, I really like the service.

However, the lack of a waitlist is a serious shortcoming — even with the suggested workaround. I haven't yet decided if it's a show-stopper.

Has any progress been made on this?

Participant
BrandonD43

Thanks for considering Constant Contact!

Regarding the Waitlist feature request, our engineers are reviewing customer feedback on the subject in hopes to find a way to incorporate it in future updates.  As of right now, we do not have a specific ETA, but your continued feedback is very valuable and will help to get the ball rolling!

Best regards,

Brandon Dautrich
Constant Contact Customer Support