cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This area of the Community has been archived.
If you are looking for assistance, please see our Knowledge & Support area. If you are looking to leave feedback, please take a look at the Your Feedback & Ideas area. If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Community team at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

eventspot deposit collection

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

eventspot deposit collection

I am holding an event in the Fall and would like  to go ahead and take registrations and collect deposits of half the attendance cost. Is there a way to collect deposits now and then the balance later through event spot?

1 REPLY
CTCT Employee

Re: eventspot deposit collection

Hello Dawn,

Hmm, good question! We do not have a tool that will keep track of the deposits made. We change change the event fee, but once a payment is received, the system will make that contact as "Paid". How about if you add a fee option for 50% of the fee, and the rest to pay upon arrival?

To do this, you will need to be very clear in your fee description, and keep track of who owes you the other 50%. You can manually change the payment status to "pending" for easy tracking.

First, add multiple fees. Example:

* Pay in full -  $50

* Pay 50% now and the rest upon arrival $25 (non-refundable)

Second, Change the Payment Status to "Pending".

And third (optional), export a registrant report to see in Excel the amount paid per registrants.

Please let me know if this worked for you.

Thanks & regards,

Juan Ramirez
Social Support and Community
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!