Slowness navigating the website and delays sending campaigns

LEARN MORE: Using Click Segmentation in an Email

Nick_S
Administrator

Your click report is a powerful tool that tells you which of your contacts are engaging with your email, but do you know how to use the information when you send an email? When you set up click segmentation in your email, every time a contact clicks a link, a button, or a clickable image in your email, they're automatically added to a list of your choosing. You can either use the list for future emails or take immediate action using an Autoresponder series to interact with your contacts when they engage with you.

Sounds pretty cool, right? Click here to view the full article on our Knowledge Base.

You got questions? We got answers! Ask below.

9 Comments
Cathie Shively
Not applicable

Can we set up a form on our Wordpress website so readers can sign up for our newsletter in Constant Contact?

Thanks!

Nichelle_M
Employee

Hi Cathie,

Thanks for reaching out about this! Before using click segmentation with your email campaigns you'll definitely want to make sure you're capturing all those new contacts! Our plugin, Constant Contact Forms for WordPress, lets you create a customized sign-up form right on your WordPress site and syncs those contacts directly with your Constant Contact account. Please note you'll need WordPress version 4.0.0+ or the supported PHP version 5.4+ to use this plugin. Otherwise we have a variety of other tools to help capture new contacts.

MattG8540
Rookie

We currently have approx ~500 lists to choose from for click segmentation.  I can't seem to figure out how the lists are sorted in list segmentation?  It doesn't seem to be by creation date; it's not in ABC order; and not be how many contacts are in the list.  While I'd prefer to have the lists in ABC order, I wouldn't mind knowing how they are sorted in segmentation selection in order to find them more quickly.

Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @MattG8540,

I completely understand how sorting your lists in ABC order would make finding the correct ones for click segmentation a lot easier. I do apologize for that not being in our product with our list picker yet. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you have 500 lists or more, I do suggest tagging your contacts as well. That may help organize all of your lists so you don't have so many to look through. 

MattG8540
Rookie

Tagging doesn't help this situation as click segmentation in each email uses email lists and not tags (unless Constant Contact wants to re-program that).  But my question is, is there any rhyme or reason to the order of the lists in click segmentation when creating links in an email?  If I know that, I'll be able to function much better.

Frankie_P

Hi @MattG8540 

Sorry to hear our previous suggestion of using tags does not accomplish exactly what you are looking for. As for our click segmentation feature, lists under this feature are ordered by the date they were created. Having these lists be alphabetical is feedback we have submitted in your account to our developers. 

MattG8540
Rookie

Thank you.  Understanding that the lists are ordered by date created is extremely helpful and will be useful until the developers update them in ABC.

Frankie_P

Hi @MattG8540 

You're very welcome! Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Resources

Marketing Digest

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Support Tips

Social Media

"There's a multitude of ways to engage your audience through us using your social platforms - via ads, social post metrics, email links, and more! " - Will

See Article

Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article

Support Tips

Welcome Your Audience

"Greet new contacts with one or more automated Welcome Emails depending on their interests or your business goals." - Nick

See Article