Accessability Issue: Alt text for CC images

Hello, I like using your templates because they are attractive and user-friendly. However, there is currently no ability to add Alt Text to the CC images in your templates. Many of my clients are blind, and so any images must have Alt Text to describe them. At this time, I either cannot use your templates, or if I do, I have to replace all the CC images with my own images, which partly defeats the point of using an easy template. Please either add Alt Text to your images, or allow us to -- it is an accessibility issue. Thank you!

6 Comments
OrionLumiere
Campaign Collaborator

Ooops, misspelled "accessibility." LOL.

Maxine_B
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @OrionLumiere,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and provide us with your feedback! I do apologize that this is not a feature we currently have available. However, I absolutely understand your concern and I think this is a great idea so I will be opening this up to voting from other Constant Contact Community Members! 

Cal-IPC
Rookie

Hello Maxine, 

I have to say that I'm very disappointed by your response. It's a bit of a cop-out to just leave this decision to open voting. This is an accessibility issue, on par with curb cut-outs and wheelchair ramps, all mandated to serve our fellow humans with different abilities. You are leaving out a wide swath of potential audiences/users by not including the ability to include alt text. It's standard SEO best practices in websites, and is starting to become the norm in social media posts, as well. Please update your policy and consider making this a priority to be in line with the times.

Thank you

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @Cal-IPC. It is possible to add alt text and image descriptions when creating an email! 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Indirectly Fixed

Cal-IPC
Rookie

Hello Caitlin - Thank you and thanks to Constant Contact for fixing this issue! It makes a huge difference to the visually-impaired community. I am happy to start using this new feature. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More