cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Search Option to Campaigns

Add Search Option to Campaigns

It would be extremely helpful if I could type a couple words to search for in past campaigns. Then I could easily locate the different emails we have used to market past events we are repeating. Thanks!
848 Comments
Status changed to: New

Occasional Contributor
With an account like ours that has a lot of data and emails, it would be WONDERFUL if there was a search feature in the email campaign section where we could type in part of a title for a previous email and have it popup without scrolling through each one individually.
I am trying to do a key word search through nine years of emails created in Constant Contact. Is that possible without opening and searching each one separately? I know we can search the graphics library and contacts.
Occasional Contributor
Just got promoted here and am taking over from the person who left. Many times I'm copying an old campaign, but it's a real pain to find them. Currently, I'm having to keep clicking load more campaigns and scroll, scroll, scroll, sometimes takes me 5 minutes just to find the campaign to duplicate. A Search feature would be brilliant! Am I missing it? Thanks!

All Star

It's now 2016. Search is the key to everything. Please, for the love of God, create a search feature for Constant Contact.

All Star
it would be awesome if Constant Contact would make the campaigns searchable. when you have volume it is time consuming to find
All Star

I would really love to see a search tool added whare I can search email titles.  I like to copy, update the information and resend.  It is sometimes difficult to scroll through all of my emails to find the one I want.  Thank you for your consideration.

All Star
It would be nice to have some way to search for an earlier constant contact. To have to comb through them every time is not only tedious, it is frustrating! The new "design" just seems to have moved around the old design.

The original post was from 2013.  How do we not have this feature by now?

Regular Visitor
Please create an option to easily search for campaigns. I often copy prior campaigns and have to scroll through so many pages until I find the one I'm looking for. Then, when I finally find my email and click on copy it takes me back to the log in page and I have to start the process all over. So time consuming. Please help. Thanks!
All Star

Hey Constant Contact team! 

We use constant contact everyday to communicate and connect with the members of our church. I wish there was the capability to search emails or events that we have published in the past. 

Since many adminsistrators here use Constant Contact, it can be difficult to keep all emails and events labeled or in folders. Even within a folder, we would need to scroll to find what email we were looking for. It'd be super helpful to be able to search for those things instead.

That's all! Keep up the good work -

Laura 

Administrator

Village Church of Barrington

A way to search campaigns by title, keyword, date sent, date created, etc. would be very helpful. If I've missed it, it would be great to have it more prominent.

I post a lot and sometimes need to go back and see something from a year or so ago. It would be great to type in a word or phrase and find it, instead of going back page by page. 

All Star

I have been tasked with looking into some old emails and reporting on the open rates- with over 5oo emails sent It is nearly impossible to find and old email without a search funtionality - PLEASE PLEASE please implement this ASAP - Frankly I can not believe this is not a current function. Unless I'm missing it somewhere.

All Star
Is there a way to search campaign titles or content/description rather than scrolling through all previous campaigns to find what I am looking or?

Hello. It is very difficult to find old campaigns using the sort. You should seriously consider a search function! Best, Alecia Sudmeyer 

Occasional Contributor
Your new system is beyond atrocious when it comes to locating an old email. I don't want to click "View more Campaigns" 100 times just to find an old email. And no, sorting by oldest does not help. I can't imagine who thought this design was a good idea. Your old system had page numbers that allowed me to jump back and forth in time through our history of sent emails. This new system is so poorly designed I am incredibly shocked how anyone would make this on purpose and think it's a good idea.
Occasional Contributor

I stumbled upon a way to view old emails in a simple list with pagination, like the old design had. Works with Firefox and Chrome... I imagine all browsers would work.

You already have this design and functionality. Why you don't offer it makes no sense at all. 

Here's what I have to do:

1. Log in to Constant Contact

2. Go to Campaigns or View All Campaigns

3. Begin the process of Copying an email by clicking Copy

4. It asks to name the copy, just click Next

5. Don't save anything, just click the Exit button in upper left area (ignore the warning to save your work)

6. This takes you back to Home.  Now click the Back button on your browser

7. Says Document Expired. So just refresh to resubmit form

8. Now you get a clean list of all emails, with pagination at the bottom.

Why do you make this so hard, Constant Contact? You have this functionality already built, but you hide it on purpose? Make us click "View more Campaigns" a hundred times to see emails from a year ago? Makes no sense at all, doesn't seem like your new design was created by someone who actually manages and sends emails.

CClistview.jpg

Visitor
It would be helpful if you added a search function to the campaigns page AND page indexing. Every time I want to view a campaign and then view another, I have to start from the beginning of the list every time. If you had page ranges at the bottom, it would be a lot easier to go back to where I left off. A search bar would allow me to find a specific campaign more quickly. (The sort function doesn't help much) Also, does the interface have to be displayed in such a giant font? You could fit a lot more on one page for each module if it were reduced in size. Thanks.
All Star
I would love to see a search function that allows you to search for previous emails/campaigns. The current options of sorting do not provide the flexibility needed to easily find and copy previous emails and then make changes before sending out with new content. Is there a search function that I've been unable to find? Thanks.
Occasional Contributor

Was looking for somewthing else and saw this post.

I asked exactly the same question earlier today.

I'd like a simple search function so I do not have to keep clicking the show more button so I can use the search function to find them.

Constant Contact person who monitors these community posts - please see if the programers can add a simple search feature OR .... give us a show all button so I do not have to keep clicking to extend the listing shown.

CTCT Employee

Hello @DavidK5023 @RickO62

Thank you for the feedback.  I have moved your posts to our feedback area, so that your comments can be counted as "Votes" for this idea. By moving your post this has greater visibility to our product teams on what features our customers are asking for.  

Thanks, 

Samantha

Occasional Visitor
I wish there was a search feature for blasts. Or a way to view all past campaigns at once, rather than having to keep clicking "view more campaigns". I copy a lot of prior blasts for formatting, text, etc. I have a few blasts that I repeat one time a year and I need to keep clicking "view more campaigns" to get to last year's blasts.
Participating Solution Provider
It would be very helpful to be able to sort campaigns by Status (Active, Sent, Draft, etc.). Having a second filter to then sort by date would be great.
Solution Provider
It is so important to be able to search for previous campaigns. Is it possible to get that feature please?
So, here I am again, trying to search for a class within my campaigns and it is taking me FOREVER! Even when I use the A-Z choice, that doesn't work - why have it? Could you please look into this function. You are an on-line service and this should be something that is standard in your programming, shouldn't it? CC is good otherwise, but this IS SOOOOOO FRUSTRATING! HELLLPPPP!!!
All Star
I have 464 email campaigns in my account, which I've categorized. But, I cannot search for an email that I sent last year (or the year before) to see what I said so that I don't have to re-create the wheel. Please, please add a search function. I don't have the time or resources to manually search through 464 email campaigns. Thank you!

I agree with VickiS1 completely! It's crazy that CC doesn't have a SEARCH! Please add ASAP!

Regular Visitor
Please give us a search option. Having to scroll through email campaigns to find one from two years ago is not efficient or user friendly. I really do not care for the scrolling option and miss the arrow buttons we had previously.
Regular Visitor
Such a shame that you decided to change your operating format for your users. The other design was very user friendly and allowed people to navigate very quickly. For example, now you have to search through ALL old emails, etc. to find things that you may want to copy and re-use. This is very disappointing and I can assure you we will be looking for a new service. You have also limited the creative options which was the appeal of your site before. What a shame. Looks like pure cost cost cutting at the expense of your customer. Jan Madura - Building Blocks Lacrosse

I agree there needs to be a search function. I don't understand why you all changed a good thing.

Occasional Visitor
It would be great to have a search bar to easily find the campaigns that I name very specifically, rather than loading all the data and using Ctrl + F.
Hi - with your new format not allowing me to go to pages to view old campaigns, I would like it if we could search old campaigns. I do similar promos at the same time each year. I'd like to be able to see/use/copy my old campaigns.
Regular Visitor

I agree with all of the above. I have called and written about this numerous times. Constant Contact...Hellooooo? Are you listening????

I would like to be able to search my campaigns so I don't have to scroll through to find them every time.
Hi, You know what would be really helpful?? When cleaning up contacts manually, when i hit the back button, it doesnt take me to the same category and page i was on before clicking on a name to edit it. For example, I click on bounced emails, and every time i have to move to the next page, move to the next page, find the contact i want to edit, edit it, and then i press the back button and where does it take me? back to the SENT category. so now i must click bounced, move to next page. move to next page, find my place again, and then edit the next contact. This is extremely time consuming and a little frustrating! Thanks! MK
Occasional Visitor
I have a couple hundred campaigns and it's extremely time-consuming to find a specific one.
It's really annoying have to click through so many times to get to old campaigns. Please restore the ability skip pages. Please implement campaign search by date. This change is regression compared to previous one.
All Star
Add filter/search in Campaigns tab; beacuse I need search E-mails sents, move to folder, other actions. Similar to Contacts tab.
All Star
When trying to find a campaign to copy or resend, your new layout which only allows to scroll down, then select "View more campaigns", makes searching a VERY LONG and slow process. I would like someone on your end to view my account and see how long it takes to find the campaign titled "LOP MZT 2017". It would be so helpful to have a search option, or at least bring back the arrows at the bottom with Page 1 of 10, so I can skip ahead or move through the list faster.
Occasional Visitor
There barely any sorting options for sorting campaigns! Date and that is it. We actually do not need many sort options but a "search" box to search by subject or name of the campaign would have been great. Is there one and am I missing it? I hate sorting through 300 eBlast campaigns each time I need to go back. It is getting to a point that I will not be using the service anymore :smileyface:
We have a company account with hundreds of emails. With this new design you have to scroll, scroll and scroll some more in order find the campaign you are looking for. Sorting does not help any if you need to get to the middle of the alphabet.
All Star
Please, please, please make it easier to find emails that have been sent in the past! A search tool would be incredible, but even the ability to jump to a certain page of past emails was better than now. Having to load past campaigns until you find the right one is tedious! Thank you!
Could we get a type of search on title of Campaign or sent date? Anything would be helpful
Frequent Visitor
Your new system does not make it easy at all to jump through large amounts of previously created emails and events like your old system did. Having to scroll down to the bottom in order to load up more past emails and events makes it a long process to find ones that were created several months or even years ago. Also if the page is refreshed or accidentally goes back a page you have to start the whole process over again. The old system allowed you to jump back several pages at a time which made it easy to just look at dates to find the one you email/event you are looking for. The new system does not allow this as the user has to scroll down through everything in order to load older emails/events, this is much more time consuming and should be fixed!
The old system had pages - so you can type in the number and it would bring you to a page. This new system w/out a search for date area is more time consuming.

I just wrote in about this very topic - and I agree!