cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are unable to login to their accounts. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Add Search Option to Campaigns

Add Search Option to Campaigns

It would be extremely helpful if I could type a couple words to search for in past campaigns. Then I could easily locate the different emails we have used to market past events we are repeating. Thanks!
848 Comments
Can you add a search box so I can, for example, quickly find all campaigns with 'AUGUST' in the title? Your new interface starts getting things back to where they used to be (last year's redesign made it harder to use) ... but it could still use some improvement. Basically, I want to get to things QUICKLY with as few screens and mouse-clicks as possible. It would also be nice to save my views/preferences so, for example, it always opens campaigns with the most recent at top. Finally, how about allowing me to choose how many answers come back on a page? I hate clicking through a lot of short page results.

Looks like many of us are in agreement that Constant Contact has some interface design problems ... almost as if a non-user had designed the interface.  As I posted a few minutes ago:

Can you add a search box so I can, for example, quickly find all campaigns with 'AUGUST' in the title?

Your new interface starts getting things back to where they used to be (last year's redesign made it harder to use) ... but it could still use some improvement.

Basically, I want to get to things QUICKLY with as few screens and mouse-clicks as possible. It would also be nice to save my views/preferences so, for example, it always opens campaigns with the most recent at top.

Finally, how about allowing me to choose how many answers come back on a page? I hate clicking through a lot of short page results.

Occasional Visitor
Do you guys have a search feature for campaigns? With hundreds of campaigns and many many pages, it's really inconvenient to search and search for a campaign I want to send again... Please add a search bar!!!
All Star

It seems like the point of these forums is to see what customers are missing from the product the most - this is definitely it. Please add!

Frequent Visitor
We really DON'T like the new interface. We lost all of our folders and organization that let us find the last version of an email - we now have to scroll and scroll hoping to find what we are looking for. Why is there not a SEARCH FUNCTION? Our organization sends emails for dozens of programs and it is really difficult to find what we are looking for when all the emails are lumped into one big pile.
We often search for older emails/campaigns, and the new layout makes that process much more tedious. Previously we could jump to a page and search for campaigns, now we have to continue to "load more campaigns" which can be very time consuming. Also, it seems like we can't search back any further than 2013. Allowing us to "Jump to a page" when searching would be welcomed back.
All Star

Any campaigns you had in your account prior to 2013 have been deleted.  As for the Jump-to-Page, I agree.

Why do you not have a search field? I have to scroll through nearly 1,000 surveys just to find the one I need to use each day. A search field where I can type in key words will be helpful. Also- a favorite button so our favorite campaigns and surveys are right at our fingertips.
Occasional Participant
This is my second time giving feedback. I mentioned some of my concerns with the last post, but after using this program with the new set up for over a month, I now know that it is not just a matter of me getting used to the new structure. It is so frustrating and time consuming looking for campaigns now! Can you please bring back the "Sort by Date of Event" filter? Are you ever gonna add that filter back? If not, we are highly considering looking for another marketing tool that is not so poorly organized and inefficient. The old version was so much better. I really don't know why you decided to change it. Huge disappointment. I've been using this new version almost every day since it change. In my first feedback post I was trying to be a little less harsh because I thought maybe over time, I'd grow more compatible with it. Unfortunately, the new way we have to search for campaigns is simply just not as efficient as it used to be. It is not a user problem, but a program problem. There are certain barriers to efficiency now that cannot be avoided. Two things that you MUST change back are the following: 1) Sort by Date of Event (not date created) 2) Pages for campaigns (not just scrolling and scrolling which takes FOREVER if you are looking for an older event!!) Please, please, please bring these features back or we may be cancelling our account.
Occasional Participant

Add the ability to search for emails by campaign name.

Please, please, PLEASE add a search option to campaigns that can be searched various ways. Preferably by key words! Thank you. I have been using constant contact for probably 16 years and this has NEVER been an option.
I often send the same emails year after year, but with this new "view all campaigns" I can no longer find things easily. I used to be able to select pages and could generally guess which page what for which year of an email. But now I have to hit "view all campaigns" again and again and again and again.... to find stuff. PLEASE put in a search function!
All Star
With this new version it is even more difficult to find older events and email blasts because now not only can you not choose how far back you want to search, you cannot see the newsletters either. Please fix this! Thank you,
All Star
Would be really helpful if we could search for sent campaigns by name. Also, with the latest changes to the site, the "Date Sent" on the Reporting screen is actually the date the campaign was saved. I send the stats to the salespeople in my office so they can see how the campaigns did, and the Date Sent is incorrect. Means I have to keep my own list of when campaigns were sent, then type the correct date into the report before I can distribute. Would be great if this could be fixed so it works like before. Thanks!
Occasional Contributor
If there is how do I use it. If there isn't there should be. Thanks Curt Mason cmasonwhf@aol.com
Are you going to fix the issues of finding old campaigns? We can go back about 4 or 5 pages before it becomes excruciatingly slow to find campaigns we have run the previous year....to the point we just give up and re-write a campaign...much more time consuming than with the old system where we could easily go back in time and copy with very minor changes.
All Star

Project Manager: Our new interface will be clean and sleek.  Discuss.

Design Team: These page numbers are so old school, and I'll bet they're hard for mobile users to click on.  Let's do something else here, like a View More.

Engineering: Huh... Yeah, we could do that.

Functional Consultants: ...

Design Team: Hey, where'd the functional guys go?

Project Manager: Too many delays tinkering through their test scripts. We got rid of them four years ago.

Design Team and Engineering: Ah, yes, we can almost remember that party!  But it sure would help to have their input on this View More thing.

Project Manager: Well, how problematic for real users could such a little design change be?  Instead of all those ugly page numbers, they just have one thing to click.  Might have to do a couple of clicks, but surely that's all there is to it.

Engineering: Yeah, give us the specs, we're good to go.

Regular Visitor
Please make it more user friendly to find previous campaigns! I need a search button, or a way to give a date range, not having to click on View More Campaigns every time I need to reuse one from last year. Please!!!
Occasional Contributor

For everyone who wants to quickly find old emails, please see this post.  I found a trick that works -- it loads your emails with page numbers like before. Not as good as Search, but way better than "View More Campaigns" which only loads a few at a time.

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Campaigns-Feedback/Search-My-Emails/idc-p/279922#M1278

Edit: Oh, good grief, Constant Contact.  Your permalink for each comment doesn't even work. Well, it's currently on page 3 of this thread, if you can find it.

Established Member
Would be great to have search functionality for the emails that have been sent/in draft mode/or are scheduled. At the moment, I'm scrolling through all of our campaigns to get back to August of 2015 and it would also be nice to be able to jump to further pages instead of only the ability to click the "show more campaigns" button....
Is there a way to search for specific campaigns, by typing in the file name? There used to be a search feature and now my only option is to sort?
Solution Provider
I need a search function for the emails! I can't scroll through all these campaigns every time someone asks me what we did last year. This is crazy!
All Star

CostumeC, I locate it on page 6 of this thread.  Thanks.

by
on ‎04-25-2016 01:01 PM

I stumbled upon a way to view old emails in a simple list with pagination, like the old design had. Works with Firefox and Chrome... I imagine all browsers would work.

You already have this design and functionality. Why you don't offer it makes no sense at all. 

Here's what I have to do:

1. Log in to Constant Contact

2. Go to Campaigns or View All Campaigns

3. Begin the process of Copying an email by clicking Copy

4. It asks to name the copy, just click Next

5. Don't save anything, just click the Exit button in upper left area (ignore the warning to save your work)

6. This takes you back to Home.  Now click the Back button on your browser

7. Says Document Expired. So just refresh to resubmit form

8. Now you get a clean list of all emails, with pagination at the bottom.

Why do you make this so hard, Constant Contact? You have this functionality already built, but you hide it on purpose? Make us click "View more Campaigns" a hundred times to see emails from a year ago? Makes no sense at all, doesn't seem like your new design was created by someone who actually manages and sends emails.

CClistview.jpg

Frequent Visitor
Hi, It would be great and extremely helpful if there is a search tab for the campaigns as most of the users of Constant Contact we have hundreds of campaigns/past emails sent and would like to be able to allocate them more easily. Thank you. Regards, Angell Gallery
CTCT Employee

Hello @JamieA50246

That is a great feature request. I will definitely relay the feedback to out engineering team and hopefully we can have that feature at a future date. You can also vote for this idea using the link below. I also place this post in that feedback area so our engineers can see it directly. 

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Campaigns-Feedback/Search-My-Emails/idi-p/232691

All Star
It was bad enough when I had to search past campaigns page by page, but at least then I could keep track of where things were. Now, to search the past, it is just scrolling down, then adding more, etc. But if you do something else and come back, you have to go through the entire process again, and there is no marker for where you are, so it requires scanning endlessly through each page, over and over. Why can't we search for campaigns by keyword? That would make it SO much easier. We routinely update past campaigns to use them again, but finding the old ones is a complete pain.

Notice how old this thread is? For how many years do customers have to ask for a search function before any action is taken?

All Star
Hi! Is there a possibility that one more sorting option on the Campaign Home page could be provided? It would be great if our active events/campaigns could come to the top instead of getting pushed further down on our list under our sent campaigns. Thank you! Kris Peterson
Regular Visitor
Hello??? Anyone listening??? Have called numerous times and written requests asking for the ability to be able to GO BACK to the feature we had before where we could look back several pages to review past work. How about a search ability???? Or go back 2 or more pages. This having to scroll back page by page is unbelievably annoying. When are you going to do something about this? Anybody??
Occasional Participant

What is it going to take to get a search function for campaigns? This is 3 weeks of nothing happening on CC's end... and a lot of our time wasted asking for this feature, as well as trying to find old emails. We need this feature now. Thank you

All Star

I agree with both of these comments. I've also left similar feedback but it seems like no one at CC is listening. I am also considering moving to another email program if these issues don't get fixed. 

Regular Visitor

They obviously do not give a s*** about this obvious problem.  Their silence is deafening.

All Star
With the current system, finding an older email is tedious. Would be nice to have a search function - i.e. search on date, keyword, email name, etc.
Regular Visitor
I find your new system for listing past campaigns very frustrating. If i want to copy something I sent out a couple of months ago, I must keep clicking on the view more at the bottom of the list of sent campaigns and wait for it to load up, then I have to scroll down and repeat hoping I don't miss what I'm looking for. I have noticed that not all are even in date order! Before I could just click on the page number at the bottom instead of having to go through the whole list!!!! Before I had folders with sub folders but now they are gone and this is why I have to keep going through this frustrating & time consuming process of going through all sent emails. I've been a customer for many years but with this new frustration and my cost jumped up, I am just about ready to go else where. Kathy Skinner P.S. I can't even see what is below this space to know what to click on!!!
We routinely go back and use old campaigns as templates for new ones. Searching for old ones has always been tedious, as we've had to slowly go through the entire alphabet to get to the right name of the document. Even with options like reversing the ABC order, or typing in a specific number in order to get to a page that might be closer in the alphabet (an option that no longer exists in the new version!) to what we are looking for has been painstakingly tedious. It has always been difficult for us to use this feature due to the shear volume of what we put out each month and the simple issue has always been that there is no way to search by name. It is even more difficult than ever now, with the updated CC, to find previous campaigns we have sent out because there is no easy way to jump to a specific name. We have to painstakingly go page by page to get to where we need. Could you PLEASE add a NAME search function that allows us to type in the name (or something close to) of a previous document so we can fast forward to the right place?
Occasional Participant
As a community, we users have been emailing CC every since you did your "upgrade" about the need for a search function --to be able to better access our previous campaigns. WHY are you not responding and taking care of this? You are wasting soooo much of our time, decreasing productivity.... Thanks for responding and taking care of this now!
While we find many of the new improvements to the platform to be very nice, we find the new format of the listing of past campaigns to be very ineffective. The previous method made searching past campaigns easy and fast. Within seconds we could access past campaigns from years ago. Now this same process takes an inordinate amount of time, and can be viewed as a significant design flaw. We would appreciate a revision of the listing of past campaigns format to the previous method, or to create a much faster method of viewing past campaigns from, say a year or two in the past. We are searching for other platforms with a better better workflow in this regard. Thank your for your consideration of this matter.
Can a new search function be created to search for campaigns? We have a high volume of campaigns and while their are filter functions there it is not easy to find a specific campaign. I am currently scrolling through each page of campaigns to find the one I'm looking for. Thanks
Frequent Visitor
This new format is awful! Hard to see, can't search for old mails easily and takes forever. I have to constantly look for old emails now I have to load 50 **bleep** times instead of just selecting page 16 or whatever. Fix this or we will change services.
All Star
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a keyword search function to locate prior email campaigns. We frequently re-use email campaigns from prior months or years and just update them. Before this recent update, at least we could enter a page range that got us closer to the previous date. Now it looks like we'll just have to keep scrolling page by page.
All Star

Absolutely agreed!

All Star
It seems with the new format I can no longer search for an older email that I previously sent out. Before I could enter a page number I wanted to go to which would take me through the "long" list of former campaigns to at least where I thought it would be and then be able to maneuver from there. Now it just keeps expanding the list below by clicking on "View more campaigns" which looks like an exhausting and time consuming effort if I want to find an email from a year ago.
Is there a way to search campaigns. Right now you have to scroll until you can find which is not very time effective. There needs to be a way to type in a specific campaign name and find said campaign.
All Star
Finding older campaigns is painful and takes way too long! Could you add a search bar so we can easily find older campaigns to reference?
Frequent Visitor
Where is the SEARCH for campaigns?
With these recent updates, have you eliminated the option to search campaigns? If yes, that is going to make my life very difficult in this platform... I hope you bring it back or make it easier to find!!
All Star
We frequently want to send campaigns out that are similar to ones we have sent in the past. It would be nice if there was a search feature so I don't have to scroll through hundreds of campaigns to find the one I want to copy.
I would love it if i could search my library for past campaigns. Sometimes I'm looking for something I did months or even a year ago, and can't remember what I titled it. If could just search by key word, that would be much faster than sifting through pages and pages of past campaigns hoping I spot the one I'm looking for.
Regular Visitor
I would like to be able to "search" for the name of an email I have sent in the past. Now I have to scroll through over 600 emails to find the older sent email I am looking for.
All Star
There is no way to search old email campaigns efficiently. "Newest to Oldest" or "A-Z" is simply not sufficient. There is no way to skip pages to a particular date or even just search campaign titles.