The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Add Search Option to Campaigns

It would be extremely helpful if I could type a couple words to search for in past campaigns. Then I could easily locate the different emails we have used to market past events we are repeating. Thanks!
Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello everyone. A quick update on this request.

We've slowly been releasing the ability to search for campaigns in an account. While many of our users have this ability, we haven't released it to 100% of users yet. Once we do, we'll update and close this thread. The process of enabling this feature is a bit detailed, however, we essentially have to migrate all campaign data into a new index for this tool to be able to search through all of that data. Since this includes all campaigns, it does take a bit of time. We're making great progress though and hope to have this feature available for everyone soon!

In the meantime, you can search for a sent campaign by the campaign name under the Reporting tab. Please note that you cannot search for campaigns in other statuses besides Sent and it will not search the content of a campaign.

campaignsearch.png 

872 Comments
Occasional Visitor
It would save me SO much time that gets used just scrolling through and clicking on page tabs just so I can find an email from previous years.

Can you please make it easier to find a campaign created previously?  There are plenty of times where it's a campaign that is used annually or you'd like to duplicate the template.

Visitor
It would be great to have a word search feature to find specific emails instead of searching page by page for an older email.

I agree! Oftentimes, I want to find an campaign we've sent in the past to view analytics or duplicate the template. It's a hassle having to scroll through pages of campaigns to find the one I'm looking for. Search functionality seems like a simple addition.

Please add a search feature so that you could search for an email by a key word.

Can someone from Constant Contact come on to this forum and explain why you don't offer something as useful as a keyword search.  We have hundreds of campaigns, and frequently need to copy a previous one, edit and resend.  We now have to tediously scroll back through many pages.

You used to have a search feature.  Why did you remove it?  Seriously!  Please explain.  Are you trying to force people not to re-use past campaigns?  If so, why?  Shouldn't the customer be allowed to make such decisions?

Occasional Participant

Sadly, we have yet another month of no search function, despite hundreds of us pleading for a year.  I don't get it. Something that is so essential.

Please can there be a feature to search for campaign by name? Hard to find previous campaigns.
We as clients really need you to give us a way to search for campaigns by at the very least names. Access to all the campaigns from the beginning of time would really be nice since we pay a lot also. Right now we have to write custom code to do either of these...kind of ridiculous not to be able to search through campaigns easily.
Occasional Contributor
Why is there no search window for Campaigns? I have 19 pages of campaigns I now need to search through.
we have over 400 emails sent ...it would be a big help if we could search for an older sent email. we used to have that capability.
Simple text search and advanced search (date, subject, body) is needed.

I have asked for a search feature every time I speak to a rep, live chat or go to the chat room.  I am SO frustrated that I have to scroll page by page to find a campaign that could be reused with a few minor  changes.  Ideally, please add a key word search that can search content of campaigns.  If you can't do that, PLEASE allow us to search campaign titles. I have sent nearly 1300 campaigns and I cannot stand searching manually any more. Constant Contact is a market leader in email marketing and has all the right relationships with ISPs. Love using CC and cannot believe your programmers are unable to fix this easily and quickly.

Constant Contact: In your next update what would really be great would be a search field to search for emails that we sent out previously or are in folders, etc... It is a painstaking process to find an email in our list of 3000+ emails. Please consider.
Would love a search function where we could filter campaigns based on certain terms.
Occasional Participant

amazing how, despite asking for it for a year, there is still no search function for previous emails. I just don't get it. Constant Contact is supposed to be a premier company, leader in this field....

Solution Provider
It would be SO helpful to be able to search for a specific campaign by a keyword or phrase. We have hundreds of sent/published campaigns in our account and it's unnecessarily time consuming to have to scroll back to find one to use again. Thanks!
Visitor
Hi, Could you please restore the option to search email campaigns by name/keyword? The update does not allow for this, and so I am having to click thru pages and pages of emails in search of a particular one.
Right now there is no way I have found to search for a title of a past campaign. My organization sends out between 3-5 emails a week, and our list of campaigns is very long. Sorting by title does very little good. Search box please! Thank you...
When I want to clone/duplicate an email, I should be able to search to find it. Having to sort and then view more campaigns is not helpful. The campaign I'm looking for is several months old and begins with N, so none of the sorting options can bring it to the top of the list. Really poor design.
PLEASE CREATE SEARCH TOOLS to find older emails by keyword. Also please ADD A SORT BY SCHEDULED DATE for scheduled emails, to aid us in regulating the flow of messages created by different offices within our organization. Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
Maybe I'm missing it, but is there no way to do a keyword search of previous campaigns? If there is, my feedback is that it should be more obvious. Otherwise, it really should be an option. That seems like it is a very basic thing to have.
Occasional Contributor
You need to add a search bar for sent emails/campaigns. It's ridiculous that I have to go through 60 pages of previous emails just to find what I'm looking for. A staff member promised this a year ago and still haven't seen it.
It would be incredibly helpful to be able to search the titles of my past emails to locate something, rather than have to scroll through. I hope this is considered for future updates!!

This is an essential function.  Please consider implementing it.  Thank you.

Occasional Participant

Our requexts continue to fall on deaf ears. Almost a year now. Anybody got any ideas on how to get this essential function implemented? Any clue why CC doesn't respond?

Has any solution been found? This seems like such an obvious and easy improvement. 

thanks,

Contributor

A search bar in the campaigns section would be really helpful - as there are a lot of different emails that go out every day.

Contributor

It would be convenient if we had a search bar that could search all of our campaigns by name!

Please add better sorting methods & search feature
PLEASE give me a way to search campaigns by keyword. I have 64 pages of sent campaigns to manually search through. we often re-use sent emails.

This has to happen!

In the past I sent every email to my gmail accou8nt so I could search in therre and accidently just deleted them all so I am now relying on Constant Contact to implement, what in my opinion, is the bigget and most obvious failing of the service.

We have over 70 active events in EventSpot. Since you updated the pages, we have had a difficult time finding our events. It would be great if we could sort events by date, or even have a search feature . We appreciate you considering this update. Thank you.

I too am frustrated by the lack of a keyword search for Campaigns. The A to Z sort is a marginally effective tool at best as is the search by Activity Type. 

I love CC but this is getting to be a deal breaker for me. Please fix it!

Solution Provider
Would be nice to have a search bar to narrow down campaigns and emails. We do some events or email campaigns annually and I end up digging through the list to find the old campaigns so I can copy them.
Occasional Contributor

I would really love to see a Search Tool for campaigns.  I copy, edit, and resend multiple campaigns and it would be much faster if I could enter the name of it or a keyword vs scrolling through my many campaigns.

I do love the new paging options at the top of the screen vs only the bottom, but adding a search feature would be even more helpful.

I would like to be able to search my campaigns by keyword
Employee
Status changed to: New

Thanks for this feedback @MainStreetU!

I've moved your post to a thread where others have requested the same feature. Be sure to check back here for any updates!

Occasional Contributor
I WISH YOU HAD AN OPTION TO SEARCH FOR PAST EMAILS...A WORD IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Is there a search function for a certain campaign or at least a key word to look for past campaigns instead of scrolling through pages of emails.
Real Estate
It would be great to have a feature that allows users to search their sent campaigns by keywords.
Occasional Participant

Please make our emails searchable. I need a search bar for subject, dates, etc. Time frames would be super helpful, too (ex.: seach from May-June 2015). It is SUPER frustrating to have to search through every single page of my 1000+ emails whenever I need to reference something.

Also, it would be great if I could click on emails received by or sent to my contacts right from the contact page.

Contributor

It would be really helpful to anyone who finds a search bar easier than scrolling through folders

Occasional Visitor

Scrolling through years worth is annoying and a big time suck time.  How hard can it be to give us this feature????   And add thmbnails while you're at it.  

Why do they call it campaigns anyway... it's just emails I sent?????

Organizer
Status changed to: New

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

I have nearly 600 sent campaigns, and I would like a search feature so I can go back and find specific ones more easily. The Contacts search and Advanced Search works so well, I'm surprised I cannot search my campaigns.
Visitor
It would be useful to have a search function for past campaigns.
Occasional Contributor

Great idea1

PLEASE add a search field so I can easily find older campaigns!

AGREEED. I'm about to change providers simply because of the lack of having this tool.