cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are unable to login to their accounts. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Add Search Option to Campaigns

Add Search Option to Campaigns

It would be extremely helpful if I could type a couple words to search for in past campaigns. Then I could easily locate the different emails we have used to market past events we are repeating. Thanks!
848 Comments
All Star
Hello, it would be nice to have a search tool to use in order to search for a particular campaign. Also in my delete box, there are campaigns that I will never reuse, so it would be nice to permanently delete them to reduce the size of my delete box. Thank you
All Star
Would like the ability to search previous campaigns we have saved by key word to avoid scrolling through many multiple pages to find something that had been sent out. For example, a campaign on a raffle winner that was sent in January of 2016---would like to be able to find it by searching for the keyword "raffle" or "winner".

It seems crazy to me that we can't easily search for keywords from previously sent emails. Each year we do a conference and an awards dinner and a policy forum, and I often look at the previous year's email for ideas... or even just to copy it. Instead of having to click through page after page of old emails, it would be great if I could just search. Thanks!

Russ Elek

Communication and Membership Manager

VBSR

Has a search function for campaigns been created?  Obviously a long history of requests for the much-needed tool.

I have yet to find a way to do it.  Status?

Love this service and plan to sign up for an acct. However, I'd love to have a search feature to search my campaigns for the one I'm looking for at any given time... If this is already a feature, and I'm overlooking it, please let me know where to find this feature. Thanks! Trey
CTCT Employee

Hi @KimberlyS182,

Thank you for bringing your question to the Community forum! Currently, there is not a search function for Campaigns, but we do give you a number of tools in which to sort them. I included a graphic that shows how to sort campaigns in a few ways, in case other Community members have a similar question:

If you click on the Sort dropdown at the top of the Campaign list, you hace 5 options there. And if you sort based on the criteria listed on the left hand side of the screen, there are many more ways!HowtoSortCampaigns.png

Let us know if you have any further questions about the sorting functions as well.

All Star

please create a search function

Occasional Visitor
I am trying to to find a recruiting email I sent out within the last several years. Going through page after page of my 174 CC emailsis an onerous task. May we have a search capability please?
All Star
We update and send Campaigns throughout the year, but in order to find the previous one sent, we have to go page-by-page to find it. A simple search feature would save a lot of time and frustration.

I still can't believe you can't get a simple sort function right .  Maybe have your programmer face 180 degrees around.  When I sort on newest I get October 28 for the first item listed.  When I sort oldest I get August 17 as the first item.  This seems 180 degree out, thus my suggestion.  You have had problems in this area since the conversion.  Maybe have someone else give it a try.

Dennis Whitty

Suggesting a search bar in order to look for older sent emails by subject line name or key term. I waste so much time scrolling through page after page looking for old sent emails. Also, the organization options really don't help. There is not an option for date order (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.) and it's insanely inconvenient. "Old-New" still has emails out of order due to someone clicking that email in a more recent date. I was looking for an older Christmas email and it was in between emails sent in October and September. It doesn't make any sense.
Occasional Organizer

Maybe I missed this feature, but I can't figure out a way to search past campaigns to find a past email I need to view or copy. With over 600 past campaigns, this means I have to manually scroll through hundreds of emails and often miss what I am looking for. Something as simple as being able to enter a keyword like "welcome" into a  box and get a shortlist of the emails with that in the title. Being able to serach the content of the email would be even better, since I inherited this account from a past employee and don't know her naming conventions.

Also, I can't comment anymore on the emoji string since it has been apparently closed, but wanted to add my voice to the 'emojis in the subject line' issue and request that this feature be added : )

All Star

It is so completely difficult to have to look back page by page to find an email that has been sent or event that was hosted. Please provide a search function where we can type keywords.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

PLEASE for goodness sake bring back/add the search feature for campaigns. I swear you had one a while ago.  It is PAINFUL to try and find a campaign from the past and this is obviously an issues for many of us!

Thank you!

All Star

Yes PLEASE!  This feature is obviously needed based on the number of comments here.  Finding a past campaign is very difficult, and only gets worse the longer we use CC.

Contributor

62 pages of comments later and this feature is still not implemented...

Occasional Participant

I've never seen a business in the business of selling and maintaining an electronic service that totally ignores its clients' needs and over a years' worth of pleas for our needs to be met.... It dumbfounds me!  Surely it's able to do this, but obviously doesn't care to do so. Not a good business plan in the long run.

Occasional Contributor

If this is a "Certified Great Idea" why hasn't it been implemented in all this time? It's so frustrating trying to find an old campaign without a search window. I have much better luck looking through the binders of our emails that we've printed out over the years. So easy to flip through and find just what I need. Ahhh, wouldn't that be nice to do online? Constant Contact, are you listening?

PLEASE add a search bar, so we can find campaigns!

Solution Provider

Since 2004, 62 Pages of comments, thousands and thousands of requests, Constant Contact users should have figured out by now the campaign search feature is not going to happen. Long term users like myself just chuckle and shake our heads when someone requests this feature.

Since the search feature is not going to happen, why doesn't CC educate us how to best work with the system in place. How do they name their campaigns, or what work-arounds do the employees of CC use to make searching campaigns easier. Come on CC tell us how to do it!

Occasional Contributor

I agree, the time it takes to scroll down all of your campaigns is not productive. I know CC has a plan but it seems like they are stalled in getting this issue resolved. 

I wish there was a search bar so i could easily look through sent emails to find something specific.
Occasional Organizer

I'm really seeing two year old requests for this feature and you haven't implemented it! 

All Star

Any word if they will do this or not? This is crazy that there is no search bar in the campaigns. It's taking me forever to manually look for the email I need.

Come on Constant Contact!

Occasional Participant

We've been asking for this for TWO YEARS. They don't care.

Frequent Visitor

As long as they keep our business, I must agree that they don't care.  

It would be INCREDIBLY helpful if there was a search function that would assist in quickly and easily finding an email I sent earlier (e.g., a year ago), so that I didn't have to scroll through page after page of emails to find it.

Come on Constant Contact...how can you not have a search function available within your software? How much easier my job would be if I could search the title, or content, of a campaign. 

Need it also

All Star
It would be so helpful to have a Search feature for campaigns. There are times when I want to use wording from a previous campaign and can only find it by guessing what day I sent it. With over 86 pages of campaigns, that's alot to guess!
Established Member

I waited a long time for the Search bar to be added in order to look for a specific campaign. Just came across it today under Reporting, but it should also be under the Campaigns page. Seems like common sense and someone every other email provider has. Shocking Constant Contact still does not have this feature. The other issue is that it only does a search for what is already showing on that one page! That is ridiculous. The search should be searching ALL campaigns or reports, not just what I can already see on the page. PLEASE UPDATE THIS!

I'd like to be able to search through campaigns by date or by Campaign name.
Is there a way to search through your campaigns? I often want to use a search bar so that I didn't have to manually locate the past campaigns I am looking for.
Visitor

Why has this not happened yet? The people want a search bar!!!

Visitor
This would be helpful to find campaigns.
Please, please, please provide a way that we can search for things in campaigns.
All Star
PLEASE have a search function. I have made this a discussion point with your reps over the past four years. We have hundreds of email and would like to be able to search at least the titles if you are worried about cycles on the server. Maybe the user would be required to put in dates no more than one year or something like that. It is inefficient to put the email into a special category since we have hundreds of emails in the campaigns. We tried it and it was a wasted of time. Most of us have been here a short time. We can't be the only organization on the planet with this issue. PLEASE put the function in to Constant Contact.
All Star

NO! NO! NO!

PLEASE give us a SEARCH function.  You miss the point with trying to sell the sort function for most of us who have their own business processes. 

If it is server cycles, limit the search to titles or dates -- may be a year between search dates so for five years worth of searches you have to do five searches (but let us keep the results).

Less welcome, but better than now -- How about allowing us to EXPORT titles in an excel file with page numbers?  Maybe we can ARCHIVE the email campaigns to our own computers and search keywords there -- you can limit an export to 50 at a time or something like that.  ANYTHING.

We tried the sort function and it is a waste of time when you are in a dynamic environment.  We have hundreds of email campaigns.

Visitor
It would be incredibly helpful and convenient to have a search function for previous posts (either by subject line or word. or section) to be able to find past posts to re-post. I have been using CC on a 52 week looping basis for 3 years now and am spending so much time trying to find what I would like to send for the week's post. Very time consuming!
Occasional Organizer

Please restore the search functionality. As a marketing professional trying to get something out the door that was done previously but have to search for it really throws of your day. I don't have time to look through page by page for something sent over a year ago. 

Occasional Contributor

I send emails to a different countries, and it would be useful to be able to "Tag" emails and search for/view - only certain emails at a time.

Or just a search bar in the Campaigns folder. I "Tag" my campaigns using the title at the moment, so for example, I tag an Australian eshot with "AU", Italy with "IT", then also by subject such as "Fantasy Egg" or "Dinosaur Egg" . So that makes it a little easier to find them all, but it would be able to search by typing in, for example; "Fantasy" & "IT", then I'd know which emails I have for "Fantasy Eggs" going out to "Italy". 

Occasional Contributor
Am I missing something? I'm not seeing a search function, and am instead scrolling through a large number of events every time I need to view one. The sort function helps but not enough. Can you provide a search so I may type in an event title and pull it up that way? Thank you
All Star
If I want to look at all past campaigns regarding Halloween, I need to guess how many pages back to look. If there is a way to search by date or title or keyword, I don't know about it.
Occasional Participant

It is SUPER frustrating to have to go through over 1000 emails whenever I am looking for something I sent previously.

Also, the folders aren't helpful unless I can click a button to show me all of the ones that aren't currently in folders. As it is, all I can do is guess which ones are in folders and which ones aren't.

Developer

Given the lack of response by CC to most suggestions - what I have discovered was probably put in without any great intention:

That is -

1. Click on Campaigns on the top menu; then next to the orange "Create" button is an icon that will display your "Marketing Calendar View"; 

2. Use the navigation next to the displayed month and year to go back to the period of time you wish to search;

3. Clickable links to all your emails are there on the calendar; click the email you want;

4. In the popup window click "More Details";

5. On the email page click more actions;

6. Use whichever one you need. 

I like the "Share URL" because now you have a direct pipeline to that email for future use.  While this is not exactly the "Search" feature we have all been wishing for, at least this tool make the search a little easier.

Again - I am pretty much cynical about most changes by CC, but this one seems to actually help.  Let's how long it is available.

Happy Hunting.

How is there now search option?  Our account is used by 8 staff members, contributing to thousands of emails.  Pretty hard to find one email with now search engine.  Please fix!

All Star

Absolutely necessary function!

Sure wish I could search my campaigns.
All Star
Please add feature to allow for searching past campaigns by keyword and date. Sometimes it is necessary to locate a past campaign and it takes a lot of time to search through endless pages until it's found.
All Star
It would be a great improvement to have a search function in the "Campaign" section. E.g. if I want to copy an old campaign I have to go through all page listings to find it. If I were able to search for a campaign by title it would save so much time.