cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Add Search Option to Campaigns

Add Search Option to Campaigns

It would be extremely helpful if I could type a couple words to search for in past campaigns. Then I could easily locate the different emails we have used to market past events we are repeating. Thanks!
848 Comments
As someone who is starting a new job and taking over all of the previous campaigns, it would be so helpful to add a search bar to find specific campaigns. We do a ton of reminder emails, so for me to find exactly what im looking for is very time consuming. I'd also like to reorganize the folders, so being able to search for each campagin would be so helpful. Looks like many other people have posted about this...
Occasional Contributor

I agree completely, Constant Contact is a very good platform, but a simple campaign keyword search that would let you find an old campaign by typing in a few words from the subject line etc would be extremely helpful and is a BASIC function that other providers we have used all offered.

PLEASE add this simple feature that would be a BIG help to your users! 

Occasional Contributor

p.s.the tool should also let you search by campaign name, and offer a date range to narrow results. 

All Star

Hi guys,

I would love to be able to find a campaign by punching in the

name or subject of the campaign rather than estimating the

approximate date it was sent in order to find it.

Thanks very much!

Occasional Visitor

Putting my vote towards this as well!

Hi! I would love to be able to search my campaigns by keyword.

This would be very useful!  Would LOVE a search option. 

Hello!  Many marked improvements to the site over the last 6-12 months, and very glad we are able to navigate by page number again!! 

Unfortunately for those of us who have 9-15 pages at 40 campaigns per page, it is still difficult to find single items when we're looking for them.  If there were a Search Box that would search through the campaign/survey names, that would be ideal!  Another option with functionality that is already existing on your site would be to have another method for sorting - being able to sort by active or done would also make finding a particular title easier.

Thank you for your consideration.

This is an absolute MUST.  We have been members for years, have repeat campaigns on an annual basis and need to be able to find them!  HUGE PROBLEM.  There must be a search function for the campaigns!!!!

Yes, I concur. It's crazy to have to scroll through so many events and listings, even ones that have passed. We even tried to create a numerical system that would allow them to appear in a certain order but for some reason, it won't recognize the listing for alpha or numeric categorizing. We, too, have a lot of events and create the opportunities months in advance. It's very inefficient to have to look and look every time.

Established Member

Please do this - I waste so much time searching for old campaigns that I need to copy - huge time suck....

All Star

same thing everyone else has said.  it is awful to think we have to click through pages of campaigns to find the one we want to copy and use again. 

Occasional Organizer

Constant Contact needs to implement two things.

First the ability to search for an email by the campaign title, or a keyword in the project title. I have hundreds of emails that have been created in just the last 6 months. Trying to find a specific one is a pain in the butt.

Second the ability to add personalization to the subject line. It's 2017, not 2001. Email clients and spam filtering is much more sophisticated than it was even 5 years ago and data shows that personalized subject lines can actually increase open rates and engagement.  

Occasional Visitor
I want to look for a specific campaign without browsing. I have posted this request a few times and there are hundreds of other similar requests from other users. I am asking.... WHY is there no search bar to search campaigns?
All Star

We've been waiting for YEARS for a basic search function. It's such a basic need that I can't imagine why it would take CC so long to implement it.  I asked for this years ago and you're still "looking at it".

Awful!

Occasional Participant

Yes, for years now. It's astounding that no one at CC cares to respond to customer needs. I just realized how much i'm paying monthly for this "service." Not worth it.

Established Member

I would like to add my weight to this suggestion. We have thousands of campaigns that all have a city  name in the title. It is extremely frustrating to have to search through dozens and dozens of pages to find a specific campaign. A simple search of campaign titles with specific words (such as Los Angeles) that would return a list of just those campaigns with that city name would save me a vast amount of time. Many others have asked for this, and I am feeling the frustration this morning so I wanted to add my plea to have this (very basic) functionality added. Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

I've been asking for a search feature for years. It would be extremely useful, as well as efficient, to be able to search past emails for a text string. With so many users asking for this feature, it should be a priority development item.

All Star

Hello all!  I posted this over a year ago and have been updated every time one of you added your frustration to the list.  It is clear that by now that Constant Contact isnt going to do anything about it.  I just signed up for Mail Chimp- AND ITS FREE!

It would be an incredibly useful update to get a search bar on this campaign page.
All Star

Hey folks,

You all might know this already, however I just stumbled across it. If you go to the reporting tab, underneath the graph image, above the list of campaigns, there is a search bar to search for campaign emails. (Why, they can't duplicate this and put it on the campaigns page, I don't know).

Once you find the campaign you are looking for, can click on the title, and then at the top of the page, is the option to copy the email.

Hope this helps .. at least until CC puts a search bar on the campaigns page.

Vicki

Visitor
It is beyond absurd that CC does not have a search feature to be able to easily find old campaigns similar to how they DO have one to search contacts. We are a club with the same events every year, if we want to reference an old event to make a new campaign for the current year's event, you have to blindly search through HUNDREDS of old campaigns to locate an old campaign. I just don't understand how CC will not implement such a no-brainer feature for their customers!
Visitor

This is such a no-brainer feature to add, it has been years of customers "constantly contacting" them about it and NOTHING. By far the most frustrating thing about their product and I am getting quite sick of searching through hundreds of old campaigns to reference past events. Time to start looking into other email marketing platforms!

Occasional Visitor

Thanks so much VickiK19!!  It definitely helps!  Still doesn't allow for a search for words and terms WITHIN the actual emails, but this is definitely helpful!  Thank you!!

All Star

It astounds me that Constant Contact has not added a search function for campaigns. I don't know of any other provider that does not offer this function. It's a major bummer.

Visitor

Really worthless without the search option. Amazing how anyone could leave that out!

All Star

How has this not been implemented yet? It's literally been years since it was suggested. It's one of the most fundamental features of email campaign software. I mean, it's baffling that it wasn't thought of by the developers, but to have it suggested and upvoted for years with no action? Wow...

Regular Visitor
I know that my post today to the community, will be like preaching to the choir. Yet, it appears to be the only venue CC has made available to its customers. Many of us have requested a SEARCH function within the Campaigns tab. This request has been on the books for several years now, and, after lack of response, has now morphed from a request into a complaint. Why would a company, that claims to be user-focused, not react, not respond, not care about the feedback from its very lifeblood? A SEARCH function within the Campaigns tab is a very BASIC, ELEMENTARY function that, frankly, should have been there from the very start. CC: please get it done! A continued disregard for the very people who support you every day, will be interpreted as an invite to SEARCH elsewhere in the near future.
All Star

Unable to search for (older) campaigns via name ... Hey Constant Contact, wake up, it is the year 2018 not 1998. Ridiculous! 

It would really make my job easier if I could search for something in the campaigns list. Many times I want a copy of something that's been made before but I have to spend a lot of time I don't have looking back on all campaigns trying to find the one I want. A search bar is much needed. Thank you :smileyface:
All Star

To make it easier to locate a contact that did receive and possibly read an e-mail sent to them.

A great feature would be able to search for old campaigns. If you liked an email you sent for a particular campaign last year or a couple months back, it would nice to be able to search either based on the subject or on the title of the campaign.
Occasional Visitor
This area should have a search bar to help you look for campaign names
Visitor
I think it would help if you were to add a search bar or filter. It is very time consuming to scroll though ever single page to find one specific campaign. Thank You.
The "Campaigns" listing page needs the ability to search for a previous campaign!
All Star

I completely agree that a search function for past campaigns - if only the titles - would be a dramatic improvement to the functionality. It seems like a no-brainer, if it's possible. But then I haven't seen it explained why this does not exist yet. Please do add it if you can!

Advisor

You receive a copy of the campaigns, so just search your emails. Nothing hard about that!

hvhibiscus wrote "You receive a copy of the campaigns, so just search your emails. Nothing hard about that!"

Well, it is hard if the person overseeing the broadcasts leaves the company, the new person does not have those emails.  CC is used for various different purposes by various different companies and individuals.  They all have different needs.  Also, it is impossible to use the CC "Copy" feature from a sent email.  Our emails are all custom code and several of our clients resend the same or very similar ads, it is easiest if we copy the old one and just modify as needed rather than recreate from scratch.  I know we can grab the custom code from the email as well, but it isn't always clean/unaltered by CC as the copy is, and again the person recreating the broadcast may not have the sent email to grab the code from.  We send on average 28 broadcasts a week, after 3 months, that is a lot of broadcasts to sift through; we have been using CC for almost 2 years, an even larger number to sift through...  If there was a way to sort the broadcasts by date and time sent, that would be very helpful, but currently the sort is by date/time last modified, that isn't helpful at all.  The new calendar option is somewhat helpful.  But, it is baffling why the search option is so difficult to implement given that this exact search option is available on the Reporting page...

I would like a way to search for certain campaigns I did by title. Currently i have to scroll through a lot of pages just to find the campaign i want to reuse and search for it
Regular Visitor
Please give a search option to find campaign emails by key word. Your alpha/date modified does not always work. So much easier by key word.
All Star
If you could include an option for the organizer (me) to write a note or comment on the Registrant Details page, that would be helpful. An example of when I would use this is if they paid me in Cash or a cheque hand delivered OR if they have a specific need that they forgot to include when then signed up, etc. This would be a very helpful feature. ALSO - Please please please get a way to search events!! :smileyface: Thank you and have a lovely day!
Visitor
Would appreciate having a way to search through campaigns.
Occasional Contributor

Somehow along the way this great tool has been becoming really irritating. Emails, and events are not in order according to the date. Emails that have been sent and events that are over are still on the page 1 and don't go to the bottom. I can't search for an event, or an email, or anything. There is no way to search. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I could scream. I have been using CC for years and there used to be a sort of order. Not anymore. Since I was forced to adopt the new dashboard things don't make sense.

All Star
The screen to create an email for event attendees offered only three examples (non-applicable) or I could create one from scratch. There are other emails I prefer to use in my history. I should be able to search my history for a template.
Valued Contributor

The Chimp offers this, I would think that alone would be reason for CC to do so as well.

Visitor
This would be faster and easier than having to scroll through pages of prior campaigns or months of the calendar.
Occasional Organizer

I'm just so confused about why there is still not a search function for email and event campaigns? This seems to be a very standard feature and the fact that users are still waiting for this is dumbfounding. 

I wish there was a way to search by putting in a word which would search all campaigns
All Star
There should be a way to filter through campaigns by what they are titled as.
Established Member
Unlike many other programs, there is no search in constant contact in the event we would like to see an old email, perhaps to copy or get info from.