cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Add Search Option to Campaigns

Add Search Option to Campaigns

It would be extremely helpful if I could type a couple words to search for in past campaigns. Then I could easily locate the different emails we have used to market past events we are repeating. Thanks!
848 Comments
It would be great to have a feature where you can search by the campaign name....we have a high volume of projects and it can be tough to find them. Thanks!
It would be really great to have the ability to search for campaigns that have been sent out already or in draft mode. Currently, to find an old email, I have to manually look for it. When you have a lot of emails, this is daunting to do. Thanks!
Visitor
I would like to have a search feature on the Campaigns page so I can easily find my previous campaigns without having to scroll through all of my campaigns. The Contacts page has one, so I feel like it would be easy for you guys to add one to the Campaigns page. Thank you!
All Star
We are a tour company and we use Constant Contact to send out our itineraries using the automation feature to send the original itinerary as well as follow-up emails. Many times the same person (with the same email address) will ask for an itinerary on more than one occasion, often months or even years later. We would like there to be a way to take them out of a list and then re-add them to the same list in order to get the emails sent to them. As it is set up now, we have to manually send the items using our outlook account because Constant Contact does not allow for us to resend the same automation series to an email address that it previously was sent to. We are hoping that this will be a feature that will be added soon. Another feature that would be VERY helpful is to be able to search campaigns by name or date as we are often looking back at previous campaigns and have to scroll though many pages of previous campaigns in order to locate one we are looking for. Thank you for your attention to these items.

Constant Contact's advanced search used to allow for searching within an email address. E.g. if I wanted to search for every email with the word "spam" somewhere in the email address I could do so. But for months now it has only been possible to search on "starts with" or "ends with." This is not effective for searching and removing likely spam and/or abusive email addresses which is useful for both customers of Constant Contact and, I assume CC itself, as the better customers maintain lists the better CC's overall reputation.. Please bring back the ability to search within email addresses.

I've been an active client for years and the recent changes have made CC even more difficult to use. Why isn't there a search field for events?
i should be able to search my campaigns to find an old one to copy.
Established Member

It is phenomenally important to search prior campaigns. I put out a newsletter with bios of guests who will be on my radio show that runs once a week. This is where I used to be able to find people I have previously interviewed who I want to schedule again or from whom I want to seek new information. Without this function, I am unable to capture the value of my history. If other distribution systems offer this feature, I will have to consider moving to one of them. Jeanne

Regular Visitor

Need a search function badly!  You have to rely on users naming campaigns correctly/uniformly.  Really disappointing after using CC for so many years that they don't see this as a need and in the age of technology, it's a no brainer.  Shame on CC for not responding to this need that is so simple.

All Star
Hi CC, I have a few suggestions that I feel would help my team and many others significantly. 1. Can you incorporate a search function that includes dates or even specific words/phrases. We have several hundred emails and event registrations that we are constantly searching for. 2. Can we also sort events by open and closed as a preference? Once an event has been closed, I no longer want it in my top preview. Thanks, Stacey Schulze Power Ranch Communications Coordinator
Occasional Visitor
I often just need to update a previous campaign from months ago or even years but the search process is tedious to scroll through each page. Please add Search bar so we can enter a key word and pull up related emails. Thanks!
Visitor

It would be great if you could add a search option so you can enter a keyword and search past campaigns.  Mail Chimp has this capability and this is one of the main reasons we are looking at moving to Mail Chimp from Constant Contact...it is such a pain for new staff to scroll through each page of past campaigns trying to find a previous campaign to copy and use for the future.  Would reduce a lot of wasted time.  Thanks!

Regular Visitor

ATTENTION ALL “SEARCH FUNCTION” SEEKERS:

THE CHATROOM HAS CLEARLY NOT GIVEN US ANYTHING: NO SEARCH FUNCTION, AND NO REACTION AT ALL, REALLY.

IT’S TIME TO GO TO HIGHER LEVEL:

PLEASE JOIN ME AND SEND EMAIL TO: FEEDBACK@CONSTANTCONTACT.COM  WITH FOLLOWING TEXT (copy and paste below, or add your own words)

“WE ARE APPALLED AT CC’S INABILITY TO PROVIDE ONE OF THE MOST BASIC FUNCTIONS OF ALL: SEARCH FUNCTION WITHIN THE CAMPAIGNS TAB.

WHAT’S WORSE, WE ARE APPALLED AT THE LACK OF RESPONSE AND LACK OF CARING FOR CUSTOMERS BY CC’S LEADERSHIP TEAMS.

WE DEMAND A RESPONSE NOW!

WE DO NOT NEED ANY SCRIPTED RESPONSE.

WE NEED AN ACTUAL RESPONSE FROM CC LEADERSHIP, A RESPONSE THAT WILL GUARANTEE THAT A “SEARCH FUNCTION” WILL BE INSTALLED IN THE CAMPAIGNS TAB NO LATER THAN APRIL 30, 2018.

IF THIS DEADLINE IS NOT MET. I, UNDERSIGNED CURRENT CC MEMBER, WILL TAKE MY HARD EARNED DOLLARS ELSEWHERE!”

Mark J Brandsma

Owner

Six8 Clothing Co, LLC

mark@six8clothingcompany.com

Regular Visitor

THIS HAS BEEN A LONGSTANDING ISSUE, WITHOUT RESPONSE OR RESOLUTION FROM CC.

PLEASE REVIEW MY RESPONSE TO COMPANY, AND JOIN IN THIS CAMPAIGN TO FORCE A SOLUTION NOW!

ATTENTION ALL “SEARCH FUNCTION” SEEKERS:

THE CHATROOM HAS CLEARLY NOT GIVEN US ANYTHING: NO SEARCH FUNCTION, AND NO REACTION AT ALL, REALLY.

IT’S TIME TO GO TO HIGHER LEVEL:

PLEASE JOIN ME AND SEND EMAIL TO: FEEDBACK@CONSTANTCONTACT.COM  WITH FOLLOWING TEXT (copy and paste below, or add your own words)

“WE ARE APPALLED AT CC’S INABILITY TO PROVIDE ONE OF THE MOST BASIC FUNCTIONS OF ALL: SEARCH FUNCTION WITHIN THE CAMPAIGNS TAB.

WHAT’S WORSE, WE ARE APPALLED AT THE LACK OF RESPONSE AND LACK OF CARING FOR CUSTOMERS BY CC’S LEADERSHIP TEAMS.

WE DEMAND A RESPONSE NOW!

WE DO NOT NEED ANY SCRIPTED RESPONSE.

WE NEED AN ACTUAL RESPONSE FROM CC LEADERSHIP, A RESPONSE THAT WILL GUARANTEE THAT A “SEARCH FUNCTION” WILL BE INSTALLED IN THE CAMPAIGNS TAB NO LATER THAN APRIL 30, 2018.

IF THIS DEADLINE IS NOT MET. I, UNDERSIGNED CURRENT CC MEMBER, WILL TAKE MY HARD EARNED DOLLARS ELSEWHERE!”

Mark J Brandsma

Owner

Six8 Clothing Co, LLC

mark@six8clothingcompany.com

Developer

SUBJECT:  Possible short term work around until a better search tool is available!

Given the lack of response by CC to most suggestions - what I have discovered was probably put in without any great intention:

That is:

1. Click on Campaigns on the top menu; then next to the orange "Create" button is an icon that will display your "Marketing Calendar View";

2. Use the navigation next to the displayed month and year to go back to the period of time you wish to search;

3. Clickable links to all your emails are there on the calendar; if you are using Chrome or IE (not sure about Firefox or Safari) Press Ctrl+F to open a find window; enter something that you know is in the title of the email you are looking for and you might get lucky; click the email you want;

4. In the popup window click "More Details";

5. On the email page click more actions;

6. Use whichever one you need.

I like the "Share URL" because now you have a direct pipeline to that email for future use. While this is not exactly the "Search" feature we have all been wishing for, at least this tool make the search a little easier.

Again - I am pretty much cynical about most changes by CC, but this one seems to actually help. Let's see how long it is available.

Happy Hunting.

BTW:  I am with Mark Brandsma.  CC leadership seems to be on "Cruise Control".  I have looked at alternatives to CC, and unfortunately I have found none that accomplishes all the things we need in our business.  I really believe that CC leadership could care less about current customers. They are looking for pie in the sky.

I see countless posts about it dating back years and it seems like something that should be relatively easy to fix.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @Aelfwynn,

Under the Campaigns tab you are able to sort by Status on the left, or by 'Old to New' or 'New to Old' on the top right.

2018-03-27_0845.png

Were there different sort options you were looking for specifically?

Occasional Contributor
It sure would save me a lot of time if you had a search option for campaigns.

Well that sorts it by the date it was created, but it would be nice to able to sort by the actual date of the event. It just gets a little confusing when you have a long list of active events.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Aelfwynn,

Thank you for that update. You are able to select 'Events' on the left under 'Campaign Type' and then sort it by 'Start Date Oldest' or 'Start Date Newest' which will sort by when the Event Date is.

2018-03-27_1413.png

In order to properly track your request, does this option sort it the way you're looking for or is there something else you'd like to see here?

Ah I see. Thanks for your help. I don't suppose there's a way to add those options to a top banner or customize the default search settings?

CTCT Employee

Hello @Aelfwynn,

I can definitely pass along that feedback! Our engineering team is looking into getting a global search feature and I will let them know your interest!

Thank you!

Occasional Visitor
I can narrow my search in the Reporting section with a search box; I can even search for a specific contact - Can you have a keyword search on the actual Campaign page?
All Star
It would be nice to be able to search by keyword for campaigns .
Frequent Visitor
Hello! It would be helpful if the Campaigns page had a search mechanism. It takes forever to find an email from a year or more ago that I want to copy, update and resend. I know what it would be named. I would love to be able to type a keyword in and have it pop up instead of endless scrolling through, and advancing to the next page to get far enough back. I have to guess by approximate date.
Frequent Visitor
A keyword search for past campaigns would be helpful.
It would be very helpful to be able to search past campaigns by keywords to find the ones I want to copy.
All Star
Hi, our team have been CC users for a long time so we have many campaigns over the years. Since we are in retail grocery, we often want to re-use things from prior years, but clicking through 27 pages of prior campaigns to find the one we need is a huge time waster. Please find a way to include a search function for previously sent emails and events. Thanks!
Occasional Contributor
Please, for the love of GOD add a search box to the platform. The company I've worked for has sent thousands of emails. It would be amazing if there was a search box that I could type a keyword into and find all the related campaigns. It would make things a lot quicker and easier.
All Star
Why can I not search my campaigns any longer with key words?
Occasional Visitor

Amen!  I've been using constant contact for around 14 years - that's a lot of campaigns - I'd LOVE to be able to search them.  I'll admit, I reuse some material.  :smileyface:

Frequent Visitor
It'd be great to have a search bar for campaigns - otherwise you have to scroll down pages to find the one you are looking for. Thank you.
Visitor
you should be able to search campaigns by word or text....to have to go page by page for an email is exhausting
Visitor
I really need a Search Function in Campaigns. I am trying to find a campaign I did last year and have part of the name. It would really be helpful to search campaigns.

I am requesting AGAIN that CC add a search engine for finding past emails. Ideally, we should be able to search the content of past campaigns for key words but at a minimum, we should be able to search in titles. The only way to jerry-rig this now is to search in Reporting but it only shows the last 500 email campaigns. Another method is to never delete old campaigns from your own email inbox so you can search there. CC is the best company out there for mass email campaigns and search engines are basic to any program; why isn't this feature offered? Thank you!

You need a search function for the campaigns. It would be so much easier to find things.
There should be a search box. It should not be this hard in order to find contacts/old blasts.
All Star
Please include a search option for sent emails. Thanks!

Hello CC, 

I find it rather startling that this question was initially asked in June of 2015 and we are in May 2018 and there appears to be no response to the inquiries nor any efforts to provide, what is 74 pages of requests, the thing they are asking for.

As such, I really do not hold out much hope that I will be able to search past emails.

Regular Visitor
It's very frustrating that we have to go page next to back to a previous year. And then if we need to go to another email in that same week of the previous year, we have to start all over again in 2018. So time consuming. It would be great to have a quicker option. Thanks!
Occasional Participant
Can Constant Contact please add a feature so that you can search your past email campaigns (either by title and/or content)? There have been numerous times where I'm looking for a specific past campaign and I have to scroll through page after to page to find it. An easy-to-use search function would be super helpful. Thanks!
All Star

We would love to have a search function in the campaign manager. We use the folder feature a lot, but it can still take a while to find a draft or previously sent message. Thank you! 

Occasional Visitor

I concur - similar programs have the same fallback.  what we do [may not work for a company] articles are saved by title in PC 

Occasional Participant

Another user posted a work around that I have found very useful for searching for sent email campaigns.  Just go to the Reporting option.  Then scroll down to the Email Campaigns prompt.  Enter the campaign you are looking for and an alphabetical list will be displayed.  Please see the following screen prints.

SearchEmails01.jpgSearchEmails02.jpg

Using the Reporting page search box is a good work around if you are searching for something less than 500 campaigns back (for us that would be within the last 4-5 months).  My frustration, and what I keep pointing out is that they have the search capability in the Reporting, why not also have it available in campaigns.

Established Member
I would love the ability to be able to search through past campaigns.
Established Member

This would be incredibly helpful, and I'm actually really surprised Constant Contact hasn't implemented it yet.  Very simple, very necessary function.

Regular Visitor
It would be really helpful to have a search function to have option to search Title or Subject or Body of emails for words. For Example, I have sent email with Robard Shakes and it was some time ago, so difficult to find so I can copy and resend similar email. Thanks
Frequent Visitor
How can I search for a campaign by name rather than scroll through 350 of them?