cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Add Search Option to Campaigns

Add Search Option to Campaigns

It would be extremely helpful if I could type a couple words to search for in past campaigns. Then I could easily locate the different emails we have used to market past events we are repeating. Thanks!
848 Comments
Occasional Contributor

On the 13th day of December...Constant Contact gave to me...

a search button for my campaigns!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

This is the beginning of something new and beautiful. 

I TOO say THANK YOU!

FPA

All Star
I would so appreciate a search function. We do things seasonally, and instead of scrolling back through months of old emails I'd love to be able to search so that I can easily locate, copy, and modify an old one!
Frequent Visitor

Well, on 12/13/18, there was a search option. Today, there is not. Unless, I missed something.  here's my screen.

campaign screen.jpg

All Star
Why can't you search for email names and documents??
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Hey @SandyK22, thanks for reaching out! We've been working hard on creating a new feature that allows you to search through your campaigns and events and we've been progressively enabling this on accounts. I just checked your account and it looks like you've got access to this awesome new feature already! All you'll have to do is navigate to the "Campaigns" tab on your account and there will be a "Search Campaigns" option on the right side of the page. It's located just above the list of campaigns. If you have any suggestions or see any issues, please let us know about them. 

Thanks again for taking the time to post your feedback!

All Star

The search bar function has been implemented, but I am a frustrated that the page search function is now only at the bottom of the page and I have to scroll to get there. Additionally, when I type in an option to 'search' for an event, that doesn't exactly make it much easier since it shows all emails, events, etc.. I am frustrated that the search bar does honor event criteria that has been selected. For instance if I want to search for active events, I click on those fields and then the event title in the search bar, and it gives me every event with that title, not just active ones. 

All Star
It would be handy to be able to sort through all campaigns (or in folders) by name. Searching by name would allow us to refine the list. Thank you.
CTCT Employee

Hey @DeniseR97, thanks for your feedback! We've been working hard on this request and are very close to getting it finished and ready for everyone to use. Once it's released, I'll be updating this thread. 

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Occasional Visitor
Please create a way to search by keywords in the campaigns tab.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Hey @TimandPamelaM, thanks for your feedback! This is actually something we have in the works! Once it's available to all accounts, I'll be updating this thread. 

We often want to see what we said about a similar event in past years, and waste alot of time paging back to find the message(s)! Need to be able to search! Subject line and/or name of message would be OK; even better with search in the content (for newsletters with several topics.) Thanks in advance for considering.
All Star

Yes, please!!!

Occasional Advisor

I just want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for FINALLY adding a "search" to help users find previous campaigns that were sent out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  In all my years using CC, I am so happy it's FINALLY a feature you have added!!!!  THANK YOU for listening to your users!!! :grinning::100::celebrate::clappinghands::clappinghands::clappinghands:

CTCT Employee

Hey @Marisa_M, I'm so glad you're enjoying the new search feature! It's something we've worked very hard on and couldn't have done it without the feedback from our users. Let us know if you see anything weird with the search or if you run into issues. 

All Star

Thank you for implementing this - it works great!

CTCT Employee

Hey @SusanB26, thanks so much for sharing your idea and feedback! I totally agree that having the ability to search through your past campaigns would be a huge time saver and a lot of other users agree with you. We've actually been working on a feature that does just this and are now slowly rolling it out to our users. You may get it soon but keep an eye out on this thread as I'll be updating it as soon as we've released it to everyone. 

All Star

Why does it seem that one cannot search via keyword or subject for previous posts? We have years of posts, and to have to search through the full list is such a waste of time. Please email me if I am missing something. Kind regards, Jack Newman Director of Communications Doane Academy

Advisor

It's GREAT that you put the search feature in for us! Thank you very, very, VERY much!

All Star
You have changed the search and now only is possible to find emails by date.....it is bad, because sometimes when you try to find an email you dont know the date.

Please create a campaign search function. 

They did....finally!!  When you click on Campaigns, there is a search box on the right side of the screen!  So happy!!

Search campaign.PNG

CTCT Employee

@ManuelL3 I'm sorry that the ability to filter your emails by date is not the perfect feature to help you find your previous campaigns. I can tell you that we are actively working on a search feature for the campaigns. We don't have an exact ETA for when this will be released to you, but I think this will greatly improve your future searches!

Occasional Visitor
I need to be able to search titles of past emails. It's insane that I have to scroll through pages and pages to copy a past email.
Visitor
You have the option to view all campaigns by date. I wish you would let us search the names of the campaigns - that would be a nice feature.
Visitor
Please make the campaigns searchable for key words. Sometimes I forget to rename a campaign I have copied, and it becomes very difficult to find it again without a lot of searching. Doesn't seem to be anyway to do this currently.

Yes, very basic and necessary function - thank you for listening to us!

Occasional Advisor

This feature has been added... I'm not sure why no one from Constant Contact has closed out this request?

CTCT Employee

Hey @Marisa_M, while many of our users have this ability, we haven't released it to 100% of users yet. Once we do, we'll update and close this thread. The process of enabling this feature is a bit detailed, however, we essentially have to migrate all campaign data into a new index for this tool to be able to search through all of that data. Since this includes all campaigns, it does take a bit of time. We're making great progress though and hope to have this feature available for everyone soon!

Occasional Advisor

Thanks for clarifying @Chris__D

I'd like to make another suggestion, since it hasn't been rolled out completely just yet:
Can you make it compatible in conjunction with the date filter? Currently, both the date filter and campaign search work independently of each other, so if you are searching for an email with a certain word, within a certain date range, you can't do that. It's one or the other - date range OR search term. It would be great if you could get them to operate together.  :smileyface: Thanks in advance

Occasional Contributor

glad this has been added, just posting here to stop getting emails when people reply.

Occasional Contributor

This is desperately needed. I see a "Coming Soon" label... is it really in the works? 

Visitor

I'm going to switch back to MailChimp soon if they don't fix this

CTCT Employee

Hello @Clairebear,

Yes! This feature is slowly but surely rolling out to all of our customers. I don't know exactly when your account will receive it but it is definitely coming. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @JeffW467,

Sorry about the notifications! If you want to remove yourself from them you should be able to unsubscribe yourself from the thread. 

2019-04-04_16-45-56.jpg

Frequent Visitor
We reuse contents from previous campaigns and associated emails often, and have to browse through pages and pages to find them. It would be great if ConstantContact provides a campaign search option based on date, subject, and location.
CTCT Employee

Hello @WilliamM0773!

When you say location are you referring to the ability to search a specific folder for a campaign?

As for date and subject you should have a filter by date option on your campaigns page and we are slowly rolling out the ability to search to all accounts. 2019-04-10_9-53-22.jpg

Regular Visitor

Agreed. Search option would be very helpful.

CTCT Employee

Hey @LindaS087,

I actually just checked your account and you do already have our search feature! If you go to campaigns in your account it should be located in the upper right hand side. Where were you looking for this feature? 

While it's nice that this feature had finally been added, as Candace has so helpfully pointed out,  let's just take a moment to consider it was proposed as coming soon two years ago. I posted a request about this almost four years ago. 

Maybe coming soon is a subjective term.  But he is my continuing issue with this: constant contact markets a communication tool for communication professionals. However, up until the company started rolling out this new feature there was essentially no communication at all about it even though it's pretty basic and had been requested by dozens of not hundreds of users. 

Some of us might not still be irritated about this had CC simply given us anything but crickets about this for years.

CTCT Employee

Hello @LittoralSociety 

Thanks for the feedback about this as it can help us make changes to our processes in the future. I'm very sorry that you felt like there wasn't enough communication on this feature in the past. Would something like a notification on the post be helpful to you?

It'd be great to have a search bar to look through sent emails (list/calendar view)

How is it 2019 and you still haven't added a search feature?!! We are a Chamber of Commerce who not only runs our own campaigns, but run on average 2 a day for our members, which means nearly 700 campaigns to search through! I can't spend all day looking for an eblast from six months back, but it would be so easy to search it by business name or event name, then copy it , update it and go! What's the hold up Constant Contact??

They added the search option a while ago.  If you go to Campaigns, there is a search bar right at the top.  Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was told that by end of July we would have a search for campaigns and I don't see this featured added yet. This is annoying as I have to click through all the pagination to find what I need. tHIS IS SO BAD., PLease send me an update.
Visitor
I've been using Constant Contact for several years now, in an academic setting, and I have never understood why the 'search function' does not have the ability to search by campaign name. Instead of searching for similar e-mails I sent last Fall by plugging in Aug-Sept, which produces a hundred results, it would be much easier for me to search "Weekly", or "Resident Fellows Luncheon" and pull all of the previous e-mails under that name. Thanks! -Hall Center for the Humanities (University of Kansas)
Occasional Contributor
Gee, wouldn't it be great if I could SEARCH for a word in my campaign titles, or body copy? You know, like ALL COMPUTERS do?