The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Email Automation Triggers

0 Votes

When automating a series of emails, it would be great if I could add triggers for each email in a series. Example: I want to send a secondary email to people who opened the first, but if they don't open the second email, I don't want them to get the whole series.

2 Comments
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @JillH812,

Thank you for your feedback! As you mentioned, we currently we only have the functionality to start a series based on an action, but I think it is a great idea to have a series stop based on a non-action. I am going to open this idea up to voting from other Constant Contact Community members! 

Frequent Visitor

Yes! This would be great! Also, adding the functionality to automatically add a contact to another list once the series is completed would be great. For example, I am sending a series of lead nurture emails to new contacts, but I don't want them to receive our "General Interest" emails during this period. Adding the ability to funnel contacts in this way would be great. 

Also, date-based & custom-field automation triggers would be a huge improvement. Being able to add a contact to a specific automation series based on when they are planning to move/ have an expiring lease would be very beneficial. On this same thought, being able to have a customer receive an automated email based on custom fields would be awesome. Ex. having tailored emails for specific locations that would be designated via a custom field.