Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

How to help people having trouble putting a sign-up form on a Blogger (Blogspot) blog

0 Votes

How to help people having trouble putting a sign-up form on a Blogger (Blogspot) blog

I recently had a frustrating experience with customer service and your Knowledge base. There is no information on how to easily put an inline sign-up form on Blogger or Blogspot and the customer service agent via chat suggested I ask my website developer for help! I don't have a website developer -- I wanted to put the universal code for a sign-up form on my blog! 

The solution is actually VERY easy but I had to figure it out myself. Yes, if you have the skills, you could put the universal code someplace but Blogger does not make that easy. Instead, for a more positive experience, why not suggest that people create a Landing page form with a button that can be placed on Blogger? Adding a "gadget" for html code through the Layout function of the Blogger site works perfectly for that button. Tell people to title it "Sign up for my email newsletter!" or whatever they want and that's it.

I wanted the look of an inline form on my blog and I don't have that but this works -- and is probably better -- without me having to be a coding genius. Lots of people use Blogger. I'm surprised a way of handling it isn't already on your site!

2 Comments
Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @SherylK257,

Thanks for reaching out about this! I am sorry that you are having a hard time with this and I will gladly pass along this feedback. In the meantime if Blogger has any type of support they should be able to help you. Otherwise if you create a landing page version of your sign up form it should supply you with a url that you could potentially insert into a button. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More