Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

NEW INTERFACE IS AWFUL

THIS NEW INTERFACE IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. HOW DO WE ACCESS THE OLD INTERFACE - THERE WERE WAY MORE FEATURES AND IT WAS 100% EASIER TO CREATE EMAILS. FIX IT.
7 Comments
Maxine_B
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @MicheleA214,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and provide us with your feedback. To help best assist you, I have a few clarifying questions. Are you used to using our "Legacy Newsletter" or Second Generation editor? If so, what specific features are missing within the newer experience? What can we do to make it easier to use the newer experience?

We also have this great article about how things were done in the older experience compared to the new one, check it out!  

http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/11522-moving-from-the-second-generat...

MariaI62
Marketing Legend

I don't know what Maxine is having trouble with but I just tried to create a new newsletter after a while and although adding columns and layouts is helpful, nothing else is. I can't get to the html source code. Certain areas or designs won't let you change colors. Most of your templates are holiday related and not many are 'professional'.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @MariaI62. We have quite a few professional templates available in the template picker. What keywords were you using? I want to make sure that we're including these keywords so the templates can be easily searched. 

Also, in regards to not being able to change colors, are you able to recall what templates or areas were not editable? What were you trying to change in these areas (font, background color, etc)?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

ErinJ51
Rookie

I really don't like that the way messages appear on phones vs computers is completely different! I can't' even get the same font that I've chosen to appear the same way in preview mode vs. phone vs. computer. The font size is even different from one text box to the next, even though they are programmed the same. I know CC was trying to make this a more user friendly experience, but unfortunately you failed! The old interface was MUCH easier! 

ErinJ51
Rookie

How do you get rid of the pre-programmed pre-headers?

Frankie_P

Hi @ErinJ51 are you copying and pasting text in your email from an outside source? As for your pre-header, how does deleting the text in your pre-header section not fit your needs to remove this information? You can access this section by clicking anywhere in the header of your draft email.

3ge-edit-email-header-step1.png

3ge-email-header-preview-fields-save-steps23.png

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More