Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Turn off pop up notifications in account

...and when I click on the "x" in its upper right-hand corner, it opens a new tab in my Firefox browser. The tab contains nothing. I pay good money for your product and hate seeing Facebook product ads or any other "advice" ads while using it. Please get rid of this useless, annoying feature or tell people how to turn it off. Thank you.

21 Comments
JimK290
Rookie

Thank you for the opportunity to express frustration with something that seems trivial, but it happens all the time. We pay for a screen experience that lets us get to work. Yet I'm often first greeted by a pop-up ad that I am required to respond to in order to get on with my work. We used to call these "nag screens" and they were usually associated with unpaid service. I really want Constant Contact to stop holding my screen hostage with things you want me to see and require that I click before continuing.

What IS acceptable if the little alert bell in the top right menu area that shows a red dot when you have something for me to see.constant contact nag screen.png

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @JimK290 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Are you seeing this refer a friend pop-up appear every time you log into your account? Does this continue to happen in a different browser as well?

JimK290
Rookie

This is a reply @Frankie_P (although I can't tell if my comment shows up as a reply).

No, that one specific pop-up does not appear every time I login but it is one of several that pop-up with enough frequency to be annoying. The point was... For a paid service, I shouldn't have to click on ANY pop-up that keeps me from getting to my work. I have not tried it in multiple browsers but why does that even matter? 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @JimK290 thanks for clarifying this for us! Trying your account in a different browser was a recommendation in case this pop-up was appearing every time you logged in. With that said, we have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in on this as well.

DanR7585
Rookie
GET RID OF THE **bleep**ING POPUPS, FEEDBACK AND CRAP THAT CLUTTERS THE SCREEN!!!!
Debra.Jones
Campaign Collaborator
Get rid of this annoying pop up that won't let me access website builder without answering.
MichaelB441
Rookie
Get rid of this. I'm trying to get to my web site and there is no place to click NO.
NAWBONM
Rookie
Why does the "Do I Need SEO" page come up and block my ability to get to my website? I don't know how to get around it. VERY annoying .
user247692
Rookie
Please STOP putting barriers in the way of being able to get to my website to edit it! Messages for SEO, taking me to different start up screens - you are slowing me down and making it hard for me to achieve what I want to achieve.
HelenA1
Rookie
Please get rid of the refer a friend Popup
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More