Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

"Exclude by Tag" actually sends to the tag instead

0 Votes

You continually raise your rates and your system doesn't work the way that it should. I created a campaign with two different emails and set one email to exclude people with a certain tag and one email to only go to people with a certain tag. Your system, when the second email is created, changes the settings of the first scheduled email to match the second, and for the third time, I sent two emails to the same group of people. This makes me as a business look stupid and ruins my campaign. It was your system's fault. What's worse? You're charging me more money for a system that doesn't work. I will be looking to change to a different provider in the future. This is unacceptable.

4 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @StacieH19  thank you for sharing your feedback on this experience. I can definitely understand how important it is for your emails to be delivered to the correct contacts. I apologize this was not the case for the two campaigns you have mentioned. To troubleshoot this experience, we reached out to our advanced technical support team for assistance. We were unable to initially find anything that would have caused this email to go out to the same group of excluded contacts. We created a ticket in your account with our advanced technical support team to continue our investigation. A member of this team will be reaching out with any further updates within four business days.

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect the status of the idea with our engineering team. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on the idea but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect both requests along with the following details:

• What is the name of the list?
  • What is the name of the tag? 
  • What is the name of the sent campaign?
  • Did the email properly exclude the tag when sending or no?

In the meantime,  though the mail cannot be taken back but if users wish to send a copy, we recommend manually creating a list of the contacts who are supposed to receive the email and send to this newly created list instead.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More