Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Change timing of emails in active or paused automation series

Constant Contact Rep. by phone tells me that their new (non-legacy) emails series does NOT allow us customers to directly Edit (change) how long after someone joins an email list until they get the first email in the series. Once your series is Active, there is NO WAY to simply change the "Start Delay". So if you want to change the start from 10 day to 20 days, you can NOT simply do that. Instead, you have to COPY the entire series, rename it, save it, then go back and deactivate the prior series (and then delete it), then Activate the COPY series, (but emails already in the pipeline will NOT get this series since the Trigger is NEWLY-ADDED emails, not ones already on the list. If, like me, you have ~30 of these series (each with 15 emails), you will need to do all of these steps ~30 times! HUGE waste of time!! They need their programmers to FIX THIS and let us simply Edit the "Start Delay".

6 Comments
Maxine_B
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @PatrickF953,

Thank you for your feedback. I do sincerely apologize about your current experience. As this is a new tool, we are continuously working on improving this feature, so again your feedback is appreciated. I have opened up your idea for feedback from other members of our community! 

JoanNBayJBF
Rookie

YES!! Please do this. I too am constantly updating "things." I also would love to be able to go in and change the duration in between emails. I am event based, so as it gets closer to the event, I want to speed up the automation. When I'm far out, I want to space the timing out more. 

Icon2010
Constant Contact Partner

Is there not a way to edit the time delay in which an email goes out in the automated series?

MoceriC
Rookie

It's getting to be too restricted with what we can and can not do as a user.  I partner portal account and I can no longer copy emails from one account to another unless I call customer support.  

Not being able to simply edit a timing of an automated email makes things difficult.  Emails are in the quene so if you copy and then deactivate, all is lost.  This needs to be changed.  User should be able to make edits to active automated campaigns and do simply copying.  

Frankie_P

Hi @MoceriC

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We apologize for any inconveniences caused from this feature not being available. In the meantime we have however submitted your feedback to the appropriate teams on your behalf. We have also sent the contact email address on file for your account a way to submit any further partner feedback directly to our partner team.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this idea but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release when editing your automated series.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More