Restrict Fields to what they are for

0 Votes

Restrict Fields to what they are for

As an example I am stunned that your phone number area can accept letters. Or that your email area doesnt require an @ symbol and domain.
1 Comment
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @DoloresS1 - Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Were you seeing these lack of field requirements when adding contacts to your account, or was it in a different area such as a sign up form on your website? I'm guessing it was when adding contacts, but please let me know if I'm incorrect. 

When I tried to add an address without an @ symbol or domain I received an error that the email format wasn't valid:add contacts.png

I might have misunderstood, so please feel free to correct me. It's definitely important to make sure we're adding valid addresses!

As for the phone number, I definitely see your point. I think it may have been left to include letters in the event your contact is a business with a phone number like 1-800-CALL-[Name], but I could see this scenario not being a very common one as well. I can take this feedback back to our team.

Thank you again for the feedback.