cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We want to be here for you when you need us! Tomorrow, Saturday 01/19, support will be open 10:00 am - 8 pm ET. Check out our help center for all the ways to get in touch with us.

Sales pushiness

Sales pushiness

When creating this new account... I am a return user. I got a very quick sales call after creating the account (10 minutes?), and the sales guy was really pushy to get my credit card number. He knew I was a return user familiar with the product and pricing. Did he have a deadline to get my order today?! Not necessary! He did not address my design problems, but wanted my credit card first. Another turn off. His name is **Removed By Moderator**, 855-339-0054.

20 Comments
Occasional Visitor

This morning, I signed up for a free trial of Constant Contact. About 20 minutes later, I got a call from **Removed By Moderator** The call was from the 415 area code, or I probably would not have answered it. She told me that I would be eligible for extra goodies if I would sign up for the basic plan. I asked her if I could take some time to think about it. She said, if I do it now, there’s a 50% discount. I told her I was busy with a client right then. She said, “it takes 2 seconds.” Then I told her, “I have another call coming through,” and took the other call. She called back a few minutes later. When I didn’t pick up the call, she called back again, from another area code, trying to fool me into thinking the call was from someone else so I’d take it. When she called again a short time later, I answered and told her that if she doesn’t back off, I will leave. I do not like pushy people. I like sneaky people even less. Pushy-sneaky people I thoroughly despise. When I say, “I’m busy. Not now,” it means “I’m busy. Not now.” Even a pushy, self-centered millennial twit should understand that. It isn’t hard to understand. A short time later, she sent me an email, inviting me to contact her for a consultation. Which is what she should have done in the first place, and left it up to me to make the first move. I signed up for a free trial; it says that free trial lasts for 60 days. I am not going to sign up for a paid account one day sooner. I already don’t like this service. You don’t understand boundaries. You’re the kind of people who think a “relationship” is a 2-second opportunity to get whatever money you can out of someone. If it turns out you have that kind of reputation, I will not use Constant Contact for my client work.

I am very sorry to hear of this experience but appreciate your honest feedback. I did send you a private message in the Community with more detail. (Click the Community logo in the upper left to see this).

Thanks again. 

Thank you for posting this feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience but appreciate the honesty. I've passed this along to management as a potential coaching opportunity.

Please note, I did take the rep's name out of the post as this is a public forum.

Although I appreciate your attentiveness to new users, I did not need a phone call 30 seconds after I signed up. I was trying to compare services between companies and barely hit the submit button and someone called me. Give me some time to look things over please.
I am so disappointed to find out that I could have tried this for free for 60 days! Instead with the salesman acting like it would be the key to my business and with me having no knowledge of this paid 100.00 for two months of never using it. I am so mad that I am canceling with a sour feeling about this company.
Within hours of me signing up a representative contacts me with what I perceived to be an interest in assisting with getting started with my free trial. Within 5 min into the conversation the representative asks if I want to purchase a plan and continues to ask further questions that he later used as a method to try and "close the sale". I originally wanted to test out the features of constant contact but I am completely turned off by the sales tactics used by the company to coerce me into purchasing. No more free trial for me. You have lost a potential customer

You should reconsider. CC is terrific to work with and I have always had excellent customer service.  The product is also very easy to use.  Good luck.

@TamikaD26 wrote:
Within hours of me signing up a representative contacts me with what I perceived to be an interest in assisting with getting started with my free trial. Within 5 min into the conversation the representative asks if I want to purchase a plan and continues to ask further questions that he later used as a method to try and "close the sale". I originally wanted to test out the features of constant contact but I am completely turned off by the sales tactics used by the company to coerce me into purchasing. No more free trial for me. You have lost a potential customer

I was promised certain terms to my contract to keep me as a customer while I was reviewing my needs with this service. I am disappointed that I was mis-informed & then it took me 2-3 instances calling back just to clarify my account. I finally decided to cancel after I had a horrible experience with the Billing Customer Service Rep who originally made the promises. I felt like all she cared about was the money. You lost a good customer (I recommended others to your service many times) due to her.
Status changed to: New

Find these phone calls to my business disruptive. I have been on the trial for a few days and have been called every day by one of your representatives.