Community Coach Insights: Using Video in Marketing Emails

Ability to remove indenting on bullets

I'm a web design professional a 47 years experience. I use constant contact a few times a week. I am in an area with slow data speeds and I would like you to consider those of us who are for your user experience in your web design. Your landing page after login as well as logging in take a couple of minutes each and as I watch the information go by in the lower left corner of my screen I see it waiting on your cloud service, something called rlimatrix, Google analytics, and other things where you've not only loaded up so much data mining software that it's slowing your page way down but you're also loading so many graphics and other junk on the login landing page it just takes forever. Please put all that marketing stuff in a separate tab so it doesn't slow the loading of our dashboard page so we can get right to work. Sometimes as recently as yesterday it even loaded just all of your marketing pitches at the top of the screen and said we're sorry we can't upload your email campaigns right now.
Next item, is your bulleted lists. If you're using a bulleted list in a narrow column, you have your bullets and dented so far that we can only fit one or two words after it all the way down the column and it just looks very bad as far as layout. To be correct, your <ul><li> should first be set flush left with the column. Right now you have indented them in at least a couple of em spaces, or what looks like about a quarter of an inch on the screen. That is not only bad lad it's just not correct sentence structure. Now the second set of bulleted lists, for example if you had one bulleted list underneath another one, that one would be invented further. But not the first one. Please start your bulleted list up against the left side of the screen so the bullets are resting right on the left even with the text above it.

5 Comments
SafetyResourceAssociates
Campaign Contributor
I'm a web design professional a 47 years experience. I use constant contact a few times a week. I am in an area with slow data speeds and I would like you to consider those of us who are, for your user experience in your web design. Your landing page after login, as well as logging in, take a couple of minutes each and as I watch the information go by in the lower left corner of my screen I see it waiting on your cloud service, something called rl.diametrix, Google analytics, and others, where you've not only loaded up so much data mining software that it's slowing your pageload speed way down, but you're also loading so many marketing graphics and other junk on the login landing page it just takes forever. Please put all that marketing stuff in a separate tab so it doesn't slow the loading of our dashboard page, so we can get right to work. Sometimes- as recently as yesterday - the landing page even loaded just all of your marketing pitches at the top of the screen and said we're sorry we can't upload your email campaigns right now.
Next item, is your bulleted lists. If you're using a bulleted list in a narrow column, you have your bullets indented so far that we can only fit one or two words after the bullet, all the way down the column, and it just looks very bad, as far as layout. To be correct, your <ul><li> should first be set flush left with the column text above it. Right now you have indented them in at least a couple of em spaces, or what looks like about a quarter of an inch on the screen. That is not only bad layout, it's just not correct sentence structure.
Please start your bulleted list up against the left side of the screen so the bullets are resting right on the left even with the text above it.
Thirdly I would like to know where we can set the line letting, or line spacing as it is called in some platforms, so that if we have a drop cap at the beginning of a paragraph we can correct all the lines in that paragraph so they are the same depth of part. Right now if you put a drop cap, makes the first line use the line spacing of the large drop cap letter, and then every line after it is based on the line spacing of the normal paragraph size type. It just looks stupid and there's no reason for it. I have called about this before and apparently some people may have the editing controls that can do that but the constant contact version that we pay for does not.
Frankie_P

Hi @SafetyResourceAssociates

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! Being able to remove the indent or control how much of an indent bulleted items have is a feature request we are collecting feedback on. In fact we encourage other users to share their need for this ability on this thread as well. 

As for your connectivity experience, we can say we're always looking to optimize our tools and keep speed in mind. In the mean time we recommend reviewing this Help Center article to see if there are any troubleshooting steps that could be done.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

ElizabethM683
Campaign Contributor

Constant Contact is disturbing slow loading pages. I've got a new gaming laptop and very fast broadband, so I should not be sitting here as if I have a dialup connection. We just checked the broadband signal. Fidium says it is excellent. What on earth is going on here & what are you going to do about it?

Frankie_P

Hi @ElizabethM683

Does the troubleshooting article we previously shared in this thread help your experience? If not, we recommend calling into our phone support at these hours and numbers. One of these agents can help take a closer look in real time.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More