Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Trigger dates

0 Votes
Please update to have choices for your customers, either Send immediately, send X amount of dates later or Send on X date. Clients need this option within an automated series.
6 Comments
Maxine_B
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @TInaE02!

Thank you very much for reaching out to the Community and for providing your feedback. Within a regular email campaign, you do have the ability to Schedule For Later and select a specific time and date. However, you are looking for this feature within the Automation tool. How would you hope this scheduling would work? Would it go to everyone within that series on just a specific day and time, no matter when they joined the series? Or are you looking for a way to set up a series of emails where everyone is queued within that series at the same time, with set date and times for each email within it?

TInaE02
Rookie

Yes so most marketers are leading up to event. We would like to email immediately to confirm they registered. Start the flow of sending emails every 2 days. Then on the day of the event, everyone on a specific list would get fired an email. It wouldn't work to send x amount of days later because people sign up at different times. 

Maxine_B
Employee

Thank you for getting back to me @TInaE02!

I think that this is a great idea to keep all of your emails in one place regarding a specific event. I will open this idea up to voting/feedback from other Community users!

However, for the mean time, I would suggest creating a regular email campaign with a similar name and scheduling the follow-up that way. You can also create folders on the Campaigns page to organize the different events.

Maxine_B
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

TInaE02
Rookie

For my line of work that just wont work. I would never be able to keep track of all the separate emails that are not within the same track to ensure all dates are entered correctly. Having it in a separate place would double my work of auditing to ensure all things are correct. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Hi everyone,

The good news is automated campaigns do allow for a delay of subsequent emails in a series! Because of this we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More