cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Trying to understand - failing to understand

0 Votes

Trying to understand - failing to understand

I think that the reason why CC has taken its clients to this painful process with the contact management system it is only the tip of the iceberg.  The reason why I think this has been done is to change CC drastically.

They have now launched this Tool Kit system, which is full of failures.  It is more expensive and it has not been properly implemented.  Some of my clients have the Took Kit and now, when I create a newsletter for them using a previous email (by copying it), the new texts disappear - no matter how many times I save the new campaign.

I can also see that CC moved to the 2.0 Wordpress platform - it does not look very professional. Not because of WP, but because CC has not taken the time to properly test their new products and ensure the quality that you got us used to.

One good thing is the implementation of the unlimited autoresponders - that is a great achievement.

But in the overall, Constant Contact is not very attractive.  It was so simple to try the other products according to our needs.  Now the Tool Kit is imposed (even if we do not need the other products) and it is much more expensive.

I keep complaining because I made myself dependent of CC - I was loyal to this company - when CC has not been loyal to the needs of their clients.

It would be great if CC could read about the concept of Total Quality - or Excellence - and aim at this philosophy which is centered on the clients´ needs and requests.

We keep asking to give us back the great product that you had - and CC walks away.

So sad!

6 Comments
Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Researching

Advisor

Lucia,

Your responses are in line with your questions that you have posted:

LuciaG0 wrote:

I think that the reason why CC has taken its clients to this painful process with the contact management system it is only the tip of the iceberg. The reason why I think this has been done is to change CC drastically.

They have now launched this Tool Kit system, which is full of failures. It is more expensive and it has not been properly implemented. Some of my clients have the Took Kit and now, when I create a newsletter for them using a previous email (by copying it), the new texts disappear - no matter how many times I save the new campaign.

Can you please go into more depth on exactly what is happening when you copy the email? Are you making edits to the email, saving and when you go back to make additional edits the content is going back or changing to what was their prior? Please provide as much detail as possible, so we can try and replicate the issue.

I can also see that CC moved to the 2.0 Wordpress platform - it does not look very professional. Not because of WP, but because CC has not taken the time to properly test their new products and ensure the quality that you got us used to.

We do not use the WordPress platform for our toolkit platform. This may look similar to some sort of the WordPress site; however, it was all designed in house at Constant Contact.

One good thing is the implementation of the unlimited autoresponders - that is a great achievement.

But in the overall, Constant Contact is not very attractive. It was so simple to try the other products according to our needs. Now the Tool Kit is imposed (even if we do not need the other products) and it is much more expensive. -

Toolkit was rolled out to our customers to give them access to our world class products all in one easy to use interface and bundle everything together for a simple monthly rate. We have various pricing plans and different levels of services such as basic, essentials and also ultimate. If you would like more information on the plans, what is included and the pricing, please call into our billing department at: 855-229-5506.

I keep complaining because I made myself dependent of CC - I was loyal to this company - when CC has not been loyal to the needs of their clients.

Constant Contact cares and values all of its customers; we pride ourselves on our customer service and the ability to give customers coaching with a personal touch on each and every interaction. I can understand when you encounter system issues sometimes our engineering team has to get involved in properly diagnosing, prioritizing, and often will have to reach out too other departments before we can resolve the problem, which I can understand will lead to additional frustration. If there is something that seems like an abnormal function of our product please reach out to our support department so we can see if we can fix the issue for you, the sooner we are notified the better.

It would be great if CC could read about the concept of Total Quality - or Excellence - and aim at this philosophy which is centered on the clients´ needs and requests. We keep asking to give us back the great product that you had - and CC walks away.

I am sorry that you feel this way; Constant Contact does not walk away from any of our customers. As our systems evolve there will be growing pains, until we fix issues and add features to new products. As we have in the past our old classic editor changed to the new visual editor, there was a lot of hesitation. However as time went on people loved the new editor, and don’t even look back. This is the same thing with our new contacts system and also toolkit, customers love the new changes, and as we add more features to the products they will become more robust and helpful.

Mike
Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor
Status changed to: Voting Open

Valued Contributor

I think that the reason why CC has taken its clients to this painful process with the contact management system it is only the tip of the iceberg. The reason why I think this has been done is to change CC drastically.

They have now launched this Tool Kit system, which is full of failures. It is more expensive and it has not been properly implemented. Some of my clients have the Took Kit and now, when I create a newsletter for them using a previous email (by copying it), the new texts disappear - no matter how many times I save the new campaign.

Can you please go into more depth on exactly what is happening when you copy the email? Are you making edits to the email, saving and when you go back to make additional edits the content is going back or changing to what was their prior? Please provide as much detail as possible, so we can try and replicate the issue.

Exactly.  I have been using CC since 2004 and it is only recently that this problem arose.  I copy a campaign, re-name it, save it, edit it, save the blocks that were edited, save the whole newsletter, choose the lists, save this step and it is then that my new campaign disappears and I get the previous one.

We do not use the WordPress platform for our toolkit platform. This may look similar to some sort of the WordPress site; however, it was all designed in house at Constant Contact.

I have nothing against Wordpress - it is actually a great platform. The problem is that the great product that we had before, we do not have it anymore - as you can see from all the comments of the community.

But in the overall, Constant Contact is not very attractive. It was so simple to try the other products according to our needs. Now the Tool Kit is imposed (even if we do not need the other products) and it is much more expensive. -

Toolkit was rolled out to our customers to give them access to our world class products all in one easy to use interface and bundle everything together for a simple monthly rate. We have various pricing plans and different levels of services such as basic, essentials and also ultimate. If you would like more information on the plans, what is included and the pricing, please call into our billing department at: 855-229-5506.

We always had access to your world class products, without the Toolkit.  In your previous great system, we used to pay $15 a month for up to 500 contacts, with access to the autoresponders.  Now, it costs $20 per month, for 500 contacts, without access to the autoresponders.  The Toolkit costs $45 for up to 500 contacts and I know it includes surveys and events. That is fine for someone who needs these services.   But if we do not need these products? If we only need email marketing we can certainly pay $20 per month but without the full service.

Constant Contact cares and values all of its customers; we pride ourselves on our customer service and the ability to give customers coaching with a personal touch on each and every interaction. I can understand when you encounter system issues sometimes our engineering team has to get involved in properly diagnosing, prioritizing, and often will have to reach out too other departments before we can resolve the problem, which I can understand will lead to additional frustration. If there is something that seems like an abnormal function of our product please reach out to our support department so we can see if we can fix the issue for you, the sooner we are notified the better.

I should always say that the personal customer service is great - you can read my previous posts and I will always recognize and appreciate your great help.  The problems have nothing to do with the customer service - but with the system issues and the slow response from the engineering team.  And the problems started when the contact management system was introduced.  Before that, I was very satisfied with your products.

It would be great if CC could read about the concept of Total Quality - or Excellence - and aim at this philosophy which is centered on the clients´ needs and requests. We keep asking to give us back the great product that you had - and CC walks away.

I am sorry that you feel this way; Constant Contact does not walk away from any of our customers. As our systems evolve there will be growing pains, until we fix issues and add features to new products. As we have in the past our old classic editor changed to the new visual editor, there was a lot of hesitation. However as time went on people loved the new editor, and don’t even look back. This is the same thing with our new contacts system and also toolkit, customers love the new changes, and as we add more features to the products they will become more robust and helpful.

Again, your customer service is great, but the company is not listening to all the comments that we have posted here about the defficiencies of the system, which started about a year ago.  You are right about your classic editor.  In that case it was done in a smooth way.  I have been using Constant Contact since 2004 and the adjustments were easy to handle, because your editor was good. 

For me it is still a contradiction when I read that the customers love the changes and that they requested these changes - and then read all the posts here.  It would be healthy to recognize that customers are not happy with the changes - more of a reason to really get the system to work well. 

As mentioned before, I am pleased with the new autoresponders - this has been a great improvement.

Thanks for reading me.

Mike
Tier 2 Community Support

Status changed to: Closed - No Action