cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are seeing intermittent errors when attempting to upload a new image or insert an image into their email. While we look into getting this fixed we have found if you try to reattempt your previous action, the image will be visible. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Want SMS option

Want SMS option

I would like to communicate specials via text to cell

45 Comments

In addition to creating email reminders for an event, having the ability to allow an opt-in for a text message reminder would be a useful feature.  Any possibility this is being considered?

Status changed to: New

This is a great idea, thanks for posting! I can't speak for a timeframe but the ideas shared here help detemine future updates so keep posting! 

All Star

Text reminders are a GREAT idea, let's start there ....

I'd also like to see the option added for emails & surveys too!

For example ...

If a registrant would like to add text notifications to their profile, upon signing up, Constant Contact would then include a text message to those recipients either instead of or in addition to an email being sent to them.

These text messages should contain links to things like an event landing page, a survey, the events calendar, or even a "sent" email.  This text message could go to all event registrants or any "list" of people for that matter.

All of this would make Constant Contact an even more useful tool for all users.

Thanks for listening!

CTCT Employee

Would like to be able to send text blasts when email or event email is sent

Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

I would like to send a group text to notify students when a class has been cancelled, do you have a feature like that?

Unfortunately we do not offer a feature like this at this time but thanks for posting this feedback!

Visitor

Interested in adding text to contact list for instant messages.

Hi NyerereD 

We offer a text to join feature which allows people to join your list via text message. Click Contacts > SignUp Tools and then Text To Join to set this up. 

Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for posting this feedback!

WSD
Visitor

It would REALLY be nice if you would add SMS/text option as reminders for Events. This would help increase attendance for some events!

Occasional Visitor
I would like to see CC create a option for a SMS alert along with email campaign.

Occasional Visitor
Our business would like to send new product alerts, service updates, and promotional offers through text messaging. If constant contact can add this service that would be great!
Occasional Visitor

Long Beach Public Library would like to request development of a text messaging feature. Please contact Jill Thank you.

Occasional Visitor
We are a small business and have utilized the email marketing in the past and will continue to do so. We are growing and would like to add the option of sending a text/SMS message to our clients about different alerts and information. Please add an option within your own system.

Status changed to: Open Questions

You guys really need to look at SMS messaging (text). I would like to add a group of phone numbers and send them a SMS text.
Occasional Visitor
I phoned today to inquire about mobile texting through constant contact and was told not set up as of yet. We would like to start using by early September 2016. I love working with constant contact but will be forced to use a different email provider.

YES!  We need SMS capability, including maintaining phone #'s for SMS in Contacts.  20% of my Contacts prefer texting over email.

Advisor

Hannah, is the Text-to-Join feature only for joining the email list? Not for receiving our campaigns by sms text, correct?

Frequent Visitor

I would like to have a response button to text back to us.  It adds another response option to our emails.  Especially helpful for emails opened on mobile device.

Advisor

All we would need is an SMS contact list. Then we can send a text link to the campaign page on our website or on CC's website. We don't have to send the whole campaign out via text. Just the ability to SMS 1-2 lines of text to a large group of customers would work great!

I spoke with a representative today that explained that you do not provide text marketing, but put me on a list to the developers that I have requested this type of service. But, after reading that this has been requested since 2014, I am curious what direction the developers are going in. I can use a third party integration with Constant Contact, but that would just eliminate Constant Contact since my customer lists are constantly updated and stored in QuickBooks and not Constant Contact. We would happily pay the additional premium to use this service withing Constant Contact rather than use a third party as we love using Constant Contact for the ease of use.

Solution Provider
I have so many of our members that want me to send text messages rather than email.
Any way of doing this now, or plans for the future.
Visitor
Your contact link isn't working in the header. Our new pastor is looking for a text/email app. Can your program text? He says young people text - they don't email. Thanks for your help
Advisor

I agree that SMS is a spectacular idea and very necessary in the phone age. Too many people don't even use email any more. We still get a big response to our emails, but not as big as it used to be even when we had a much smaller number of contacts. We boost the response by posting ads in social media with the newsletter, which does help a lot. But SMS would give us a HUGE boost and carry us well into the future! SMS please! 

Occasional Contributor

This is a great idea. As it is, I have a great "phone tree" type service that includes this already for free and I can add a link back...it is an extra step but it works.

I want to be able to text up to 1,000 people at once.  Looks like you don't have this option.  Oh well.

I would like to have the ability to create text campaigns with CC. Make that happen - will ya'? Thanks, Cynthia
CTCT Employee

Hello @CynthiaR176,

What are you looking to do exactly with text campaigns? Are you looking to send out a text version of your campaign out? Do you want to text users a blurb with a link to your campaign? Are you looking for a different functionality all together?  

Advisor

A short blurb with a link to the campaign would be perfect for me.