Best time to send Memorial Day email

RobertH8565
Rookie
0 Votes

best day to send email prior to memorial day on Monday. its a solemn email  thanks   

5 REPLIES 5
John_M
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @RobertH8565 ,

There are a few factors that can go into the best time to send out a campaign. Past history on your list’s engagement a lot of the times can be the best way to decide on when to send. When sending out have you seen higher open rates and click rates for your audience early morning, mid-day or after 5pm? Do you plan on using the resend to none openers feature for this email? If so, give that campaign enough time to trigger out the original then some down time before the resend to none opener fires out; usually a few days works out. So with all past engagement history aside, the original can email trigger out Wednesday the 26th, and if you are sending again to none openers you can set that resend to Saturday the 29th. Giving your audience enough time to see the email before Memorial Day.

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

KariMonkey
Rookie
0 Votes

I want to send a Memorial Day email on Memorial Day, what is the best time to send it on Memorial Day?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KariMonkey 

Many people are likely to be busy with cookouts during the afternoon into evening, so I'd generally advise sending a Memorial Day email either the day before or the morning of.

However this can vary, depending on your audience. If your audience's open rates for emails show them as being more active in the evening, then you'd likely want to send the email the night before. This is especially if it's a time-sensitive, Memorial Day-only type email you're wanting clicks, sales, or replies regarding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
KariMonkey
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you, Constant Contact used to have the best time to send when you were scheduling, but that wonderful option is no longer available. So I do not know whether I should send it the night before or the morning of Memorial Day. Is there an easy way to find out when our contacts typically open mail. We are a non-profit primate sanctuary, and our audience are typically retired or older folks and open on a desktop computer, rather than a mobile device, so we do not fit with the categories provided by Constant Contact

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You'd need to look at your previous emails' reporting to determine best time based on your usual audience. Typically the Unique Opens of the open reporting will provide this info best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST