Hyperlinks to text within email

SOLVED
Go to solution
KathrynM8843
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello - New user here -

Can you insert a hyperlink within an email to content/text within the same email? For example, I have an introductory section to various articles within the email. I would like to add a hyperlink so users can just click on the link to jump to the article in the same email. Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KathrynM8843 ,

You can utilize Read More blocks for webpage links, or link to longer documents (e.g. PDFs or DOCs) uploaded to your library to help save length in your newsletters. Since the vast majority of email programs don't support (or actively spam out) anchor links, that table-of-contents type functionality is no longer available in our email builder.

See also:

Email length tips

Making emails easier to read

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KathrynM8843 ,

You can utilize Read More blocks for webpage links, or link to longer documents (e.g. PDFs or DOCs) uploaded to your library to help save length in your newsletters. Since the vast majority of email programs don't support (or actively spam out) anchor links, that table-of-contents type functionality is no longer available in our email builder.

See also:

Email length tips

Making emails easier to read

William A
RichardS6076
Rookie
0 Votes

I have the same question: isn't your updated editor able to handle this?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @RichardS6076. I saw your comment on another post. It sounds like you are asking for a table of contents feature. Hyperlinks within an email that redirect to another area within the same email are not supported by most email clients and would be broken upon receiving the email in the inbox. Therefore, we do not support a table of contents functionality within the editor.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
KatieC9594
Rookie

Hi - our company specifically uses a hyperlinked TOC feature for our internal newsletters without issue. We would like to switch to CC, but barring the ability to even try to make a TOC feature I don't think we'll be able to switch over. Is this something that is not supported at all by CC anymore, or is there an option to use a plugin or something that would allow us to do so?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

While that might work for you internally, it is not the standard of the industry, and can result in higher chances of being spam filtered by the most widely used email programs. There are no plans for us to develop anchor link functionality in the current email editor, at this time.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST