Lots of clicks but no sales

CathyS713
Regular Participant

Lots of clicks but no sales

Sent out my spring e-mail newsletter campaign    https://conta.cc/3sGgG1Q

Had a 15.6 % open rate and a 14.8 % click rate but no sales.  Any ideas on how to turn clicks into sales?

3 REPLIES 3
John_M
Employee

Hello @CathyS713 ,

After taking a look at the email that was sent out one thing I would suggest is make a clearer call-to-action within it. You do have a solid click rate for this campaign but the links don’t jump out to me at first glance. I would recommend turning those links into buttons, as those are clearer to the readers right off the bat that they can be clicked on to read more or be redirected to the necessary page. Having the verbiage of the button saying, “sign up today, act now, join today” etc. That clear messaging can drive more people to the exact point of sale page or spot you need them to be at to convert that sale.

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

CathyS713
Regular Participant

Thanks for the feedback.  It's always a delicate balance of promoting and not being too pushy.  I'll give the button a try.

Hi @CathyS713. We're glad to hear this! Feel free to come back and let us know how this impacted your sales. I wanted to suggest a few articles from our online marketing blog that talk about designing buttons and give tips for designing effective emails

4 Ways to Make Your Call-to-Action Buttons More Effective

How to Design Emails to Drive More Action

All Ecommerce articles

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.