New Customer

Participant

New Customer

Hi, we are considering switching from our current email service to Constant Contact. Before we do, does anyone know how to scrub or clean an email list that we've had for years? Thank you in advance. Steve

1 REPLY 1

Hello @KianaT75 ,

It looks like you reached out via social media, but for the sake of visibility we also wanted to make sure you were responded to here. 

The only "scrubbing" we're able to do is for automatically moving and managing contacts when they unsubscribe from you through us. Beyond that, we provide info on bounces so you can look into them, found in each email's reporting section. Sometimes bounces can happen because of minor spelling errors in the email address, a safelisting issue on the end of the contact, or the contact previously bounced as non-existent to our system enough times in past to warrant being "suspended." Once you've determined a bounced contact is or isn't worth keeping, you can easily remove them and unsubscribe them as desired.

As far as time goes, it will largely depend on your type of business/organization, and how often you communicated in the past. For example if you regularly send out emails every week or few days, then a contact that hasn't opened or engaged with your material after a few months should probably be removed. If you only email once every other month, or even once or twice a year, then contact who haven't read or engaged with your material for a couple years would be a good cutoff.

Our system does monitor unsubscribes and spam reports from emails sent out. If you happen to go over that threshold, then we'd simply require you to call into our Review team. That way they can go through your list(s) with you, and make sure everything is good to go to avoid further sending reputation damage. My recommendation, if you're looking for a little more direct insight and guidance, is to reach out to them ahead of time. They'll be the team best equipped to provide the info you need, and to make sure your list is "scrubbed" beforehand. 

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.