New and need help creating product consisting of automated email...

Participant

New and need help creating product consisting of automated email...

I haven't really used marketing emails much, but I now want to create a product that consists of 365 daily emails sent to the customer. So the customer buys the product and that triggers the welcome email. Then, each day, that day's email will be sent.

Each email will have text and a link to an audio file to play online or download.

My product is completely different, but the delivery method would be similar to this: https://marianne.com/365-days-of-a-course-in-miracles/

Can you please tell me how best to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help,
Susan Bilheimer

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SusanB7266 ,

So, it is technically possible to do this. Our automated email series go up to 15 steps, so you'd be making quite a few of these if you wish to do daily, automatic sendouts.

Generally we wouldn't recommend sending daily emails, especially if they involve advertising products, as a follow up to a purchase. We tend to see large amounts of unsubscriptions come as a result of these types of automation.

If you do wish to set up a collection of automated series to achieve a 365-day follow up, I'd recommend setting up separate lists to make automated series that have different time intervals, and explaining to customers how they can opt out of daily emails for either weekly, monthly, etc. reachouts. You can also file these automation series separately so you can keep them organized based on their time intervals (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hi, William,

I guess I wasn't clear. The daily emails are the product purchased by the customer. Here is an example of someone who did this. My topic is completely different, but this is the same process: https://marianne.com/365-days-of-a-course-in-miracles/

Hope that makes it clearer.

Thanks,

Susan

Hello @SusanB7266 ,

Thank you for clearing that up. As long the people purchasing your products are well aware that they'll be receiving an email every single day for an entire year, then there shouldn't be any issue. You'll need to set up at least 25 automation series to provide full coverage of all those days.

Additionally, for the sake of making sure you're compliant and streamlining the process of sending out the emails without interruption, I'd recommend reviewing our Prohibited Content article. If the emails you send out receive enough complaints or trigger a review, you'll need to call into our Review team to go over your content and sending practices - all of which can affect the flow of the automated series.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.