Opening email using phone

SOLVED
Go to solution
BeatriceB66
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I have several contacts that used their phone to open their newsletter.  However, when I check my unopened list of contacts their names are appearing.  Why is this since they have opened their emails?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hi @BeatriceB66 ,

It's a good question. Have any of them told you which email program they use on their phone to open emails? Apple Mail, Gmail, etc. 

If the email client on their phone is bringing in a text-only version of your email, or they have the images blocked for emails (perhaps to cut down on mobile data usage) then we wouldn't be able to track that as an open. This article goes into more information on that. That's the most likely case I can think of.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hi @BeatriceB66 ,

It's a good question. Have any of them told you which email program they use on their phone to open emails? Apple Mail, Gmail, etc. 

If the email client on their phone is bringing in a text-only version of your email, or they have the images blocked for emails (perhaps to cut down on mobile data usage) then we wouldn't be able to track that as an open. This article goes into more information on that. That's the most likely case I can think of.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST