Options for controlling web site traffic

Participant

Options for controlling web site traffic

We recently sent out an email and it attracted quite a few users to our website (which is good!) but our website is not set up to handle major traffic. We had around 1,000 users at a time.

My questions are:

Is there a way to slow down the email release through Constant Contact (space it out in two days vs 10 minutes)?

Is there a way to set up a site or page that could handle major traffic?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Christine

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hello @ChristineE32,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! A way you can slow down the email release through Constant Contact would be to divide your lists up into smaller lists and schedule your email to send out to only certain lists per day. We don't have an automatic way to do this and I do apologize for any inconvenience that may cause. If your website is created through our Website Builder, can you give us some more information about how it can't handle major traffic? Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Participant

Thank you for your quick response. Is there a way for me to download the group list from Constant Contact? If I can do that, then I can upload batches into separate groups.

Thanks,

Christine

Hello @ChristineE32 ,

If you need to export all your contacts, you can select them all, tap the Actions button at the top, and then click the export option. Select what info you want, then proceed to the Import/Export activity page to download after it finishes processing.

Then you can split up that CSV file into multiple files, and reupload it in pieces as separate lists.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.