Suggestions for someone to design email template using HTML code (Constant Contact online editor)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Suggestions for someone to design email template using HTML code (Constant Contact online editor)

Hello, 

When we create a product release email, we have to send out multiple emails to different dealers groups which each email has a unique link for that group to download the specific pricing information that pertains to them.

Typically we would create a master email and they we would attempt to duplicate it a number of times which on each one edit the link for the download. Whenever we do this, we continually have site crashes and to make 9 copies and change the one link on each can take over an hour to accomplish.

The current thought is that if we had usable HTML code to use as an email template, we would create all the email files quickly (with the link being the only difference) and drop each one in the code editor to send.  We feel this would save us significant time.

We have searched for HTML coded templates and could not find one that says it would exactly work with Constant Contact.  We have tried/purchased a couple and in testing the results are less than stellar.

Short of me spending the time to manually create and test one of my own, I was hoping someone in the community has had experience with this and could offer suggestions as to where we could get a HTML template or have someone create one for us based on a specific format. 

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Suggestions for someone to design email template using HTML code (Constant Contact online editor

Hello @BDDieselPerformance ,

Have you had a chance to look into Dynamic Content Blocks? Based on your feedback, I think these would be a way you could save a lot of time using something that's already in the system. All you'd need to do is get the contacts in those separate email lists tagged with whatever their list type is, then you can set up a single email and have it only display a specific link depending on how the contact is tagged. Or you can also use a generic contact field (such as job position or company) to accomplish the same thing.

The initial setup with getting the contacts re-tagged or updated en masse may take some time, but could end up saving you a lot of time in the long run with only having to create a singular email to send out.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Suggestions for someone to design email template using HTML code (Constant Contact online editor

Hello @BDDieselPerformance ,

Have you had a chance to look into Dynamic Content Blocks? Based on your feedback, I think these would be a way you could save a lot of time using something that's already in the system. All you'd need to do is get the contacts in those separate email lists tagged with whatever their list type is, then you can set up a single email and have it only display a specific link depending on how the contact is tagged. Or you can also use a generic contact field (such as job position or company) to accomplish the same thing.

The initial setup with getting the contacts re-tagged or updated en masse may take some time, but could end up saving you a lot of time in the long run with only having to create a singular email to send out.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured